IOR 6-24x50 (35mm) New question...

JonathanLarson

Hey Guys,

First, I'd like to say thanks for all the help you guys are giving me.

Now, I am going to buy an IOR 6-24x50 (35mm) The question is, can I get the new IOR 6-24x50 (35mm) without the Illuminated reticle? Here is a link to the EXACT scope that I want, only without the Illuminated reticle... NOTE the eyepeice, that's the eyepeice I want...

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/IOR624X50HILLCH/ior_valdada_6-24x50_hunting.htm

By eyepiece do you mean reticle?
You may want to email Don[email protected] and ask him.He has ben very helpful and cheaper than everyone else.
I also noticed they claim both the 30 and 35mm 6-24s focus down to 30yards but niether one of mine would at 24x,I also come up with more MOA adjustment than they do but mine is just a prototype?
If you dont want the illuminated reticle and want to save a little $ the 30mm will be easier to find rings for.

Hey Mach,

I'm talking about the ocular piece/eyepiece... Here is a picture of the exact scope that I want, without the illuminated reticle...

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/IOR624X50HILLCH/ior_valdada_6-24x50_hunting.htm

Notice how the ocular piece in the first picture is different from the ocular piece in the next picture...

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/IOR624X50H-CH/ior_valdada_6-24x50_hunting_varmint.htm

So, in summary, I want the new style IOR 6-24x50 (35mm) here in this next picture...BUT, without the illuminated reticle.

35mm rings won't be a problem, I'm going to have them custom made /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi guys, if you don't mind I'd like to chime in
with a question since we're already talking IOR.
I have a set of their 10x40s and love them, but
I've never actually used any of their scopes. Both
rifles I use have MK4M1 16x on them. I like
IOR glass, I would just like an opinion from anyone
with experience as to quality and rugedness for
field use, and this I mean whole year
around not just for a season or so.
I tried a "search" but only found one or two
relevant topics to this and from one source.
Much appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<font color="red">Jonathan </font>
The new 6-24x50 35mm is offered in illuminated reticle only.If you insist on 35mm you will have to find one of the prototypes(good luck)The glass in the proto35mm is better than the glass in the 30mm butI doubt the glass is any different in the new 35s!
<font color="red">zinger</font>
The IORs in the US are fairly new.Most of my use is on prairie dog guns with the exeption of the 16x that is on my 50BMG that has ben there for 2 years and 250 rounds(rain snow and summer heat).
From my limited experience if they are mounted straight and the rings dont pinch the tube they work very well.The adjusters are very repeatable and the glass is great.
The only scope I have that has proven itself is a 5.5x16.5 Nikon Monarch.It got put on the AR and used for a truck-calling unit the last few years without a single problem(other than its short eye relief @ 16.5x).
As the turrents crap out on the Leupolds(VX3s) they are getting fixed,sold and replaced by IORs with the MP-8 reticle....Timell tell but the IORs are doing alright so far?

Thanks for the help, Mach. Hey, I found your pictures on the Hunt101 forum, them .50's are wild!!! Very nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Sakofan is right I would prefer and pay more for RFP(rear focal plain)At first I thought it was advantagous to have the front focal plain as I could turn the power down to 18x and have a MOA reticle or 24x and have GenII Mildots but it has just ben something else to screw up.Now I'm hopeing they come out with a 20x fixed power scope.16x is not enough power for prairie dogs much past 1000 yards and the 6-24 lack the lift needed to get there(past 1000yards).

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.