IOR 2-12x32 35mm -VS-Nightforce 2-10x24 35mm or a similiar scope

triage1998

<---------------- New guy here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi all!!!!

Please tell me about the IOR 2-12x32 35mm -VS-Nightforce 2-10x24 35mm or a similiar scope

I'm looking for a all around scope for a FAL, AR, Lee Enfield, Swede Mauser m/96 etc. if that is possible.

I am a very informal shooter. I basically punch paper and I don't hunt with my rifles (just bow hunt) I get to the range 6 times a year. I usually shoot from 100 to 600 yards.

My budget is around $1000. I don't want to buy multiple scopes for all my rifles at this time. I thought one excellent scope may do the trick for me.

I just sold a IOR 4x24 M1 from my FAL. I like the glass and it really is built like a tank. I needed a little more reach, so I am leaning towards the IOR line of scopes.

It must be variable power and a tactical style scope.

Anyone own these scopes or can recommend a scope similiar in price and value?

I would add the Leupold MRT MK4 in 3-9 to that list, maybe then put the names of the three scopes into a hat and pull one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I have the NXS and MRT and they are great little hunting scopes, but they come up a bit short in really poor light. Not enough glass up front maybe.
Doubt if you could go wrong with any of them.

I would go with the IOR all the way. The MP-8 dot reticule is far and away the best offered in terms of precision and size. IOR should have an excellent field of view and the compact size is nice...not sure what the price is but my 3x18x42 just set me back $1300...
Slink

Both are excellent glass. If money isn't an issue, I would go with the Nightforce. I can get you either one if you are interested. Just drop me an email.

You could save yourself a few bucks and just get a 10x or 16x IOR.If all you are shooting at is paper or any other target past 100 yards the 16x will have plenty of field of view.Matched with the MP-8 reticle it would serve you just as good as the scopes you mentioned for about 1/2 the cost.
JMHO

The nice thing about the IOR scopes is that their lower price allows you save a bit up front to help pay for all the shipping costs when they go back for repair. In a few years they maybe as dependable as Nightforce. Fingers are crossed....

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.