Introduction, new to forum

IndianaMatt

Hello everyone,
Just joining the forum but have been reading here for a while. I have been hunting and shooting most of my life. I have a long family legacy of hunting the fields and timber of southern Indiana. I am married with 3 great daughters. I'm employed by CSX railroad.
I had the opportunity to travel and hunt most of the Midwest as a young man.
I mostly scoured the land with a shotgun looking for quail and pheasant.
I have owned, trained, and loved a few wonderful bird dogs over the years.
So this brings me to here, I have a curiosity and obsession with the science behind ballistics. I currently shoot a custom 6.5-284 and a 25-06.
I am wanting to get in to reloading. I am also searching for a gunsmith for a project I have in mind.
That's my story I hope I did not ramble to
much.
Thanks for reading
Matt

Welcome Matt! I'm sure you'll find answers to all your questions in short order. Lots of very knowledgeable and helpful people around these forums.

Welcome to LRH! Lots of good people on this site that have helped me immensely over the years. Getting into reloading makes a big difference when it comes to long range. As far as a Smith goes, call Kevin Cram at Montour County Rifles. Great guy and does excellent work.

Welcome Matt......great name, you are off to a great start.....I guess I am biased though....hahaha. As mentioned, lots of knowledgeable folks here and there are fortunately many great smiths all over the country....and a few bad ones to avoid as well. Look forward to reading more of your posts.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.