INTRODUCING Accubond Long Range

The 6.5mm 129 gr ALR is what they could get to stabilize. Maybe a heavier weight in the future.

JD338

So they stuck with what would work in "standard" twist rates?

I would agree that would be the best place to start this line...and see where it leads from there.

They should do a lighter ALR in .338 too. 225-250gr. Out to 1000yds or so there is no real reason to shoot a 300gr bullet.

That's excellent news, I just hope the B.C.'s aren't inflated.

Nathan

Roger that. I am skeptical of a 0.730 BC for the .308 210 grain ALR, with Berger's 210 VLD and 215 Hybrid having advertised G1 BCs of 0.631 and 0.696, respectively.

What a little market competition won't do to improve the options for LRH bullets? Thanks Berger for prodding the competition.

Last edited:
They should do a lighter ALR in .338 too. 225-250gr. Out to 1000yds or so there is no real reason to shoot a 300gr bullet.

Agreed!!! As many people that shoot the 338's for long range hunting, they would be nuts not to offer a few differen't weights for them.

This is great news, hope they will continue to delevope the line! A 375 would be between the 260 upto and including the 300gr.

Spoke with Mike at Nosler. Both the 7mm 168 and 175 will stabilize in a 9 twist. Crop depredation should be interesting to say the least this spring. This may encourage Hornady to get in the long range game officially. Only goes to prove that competition is a good thing!

Hopefully they'll work in my Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STW that have a 9 1/4 twist.

I would love to try out all three 7mm bullets weights.

Bend, Ore. – October 31, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of their new line of AccuBond® Long Range bullets. Developed through a combination of bullet manufacturing techniques that are unique to Nosler, the design of the AccuBond®-LR allows for the highest B.C. possible in a bullet of the same caliber and weight. Designed with an optimum performance window ranging from 3,200fps to 1,300fps, the unique tapered jacket geometry and proprietary
bonding process of the AccuBond®-LR allow it to expand rapidly for effective energy transfer and significant tissue damage while retaining sufficient weight to ensure deep penetration into the vitals. The AccuBond® bonding process allows the AccuBond®-LR to perform reliably on game throughout the entire velocity range, eliminating the problem of being "too close" often encountered with other high-B.C. bullets. The high-performance boat tail, long ogive, and polymer tip combine to make the AccuBond®-LR the sleekest, flattest- shooting, bonded, hunting bullet ever created. The ogive of the AccuBond®-LR is designed to provide excellent accuracy in a wide variety of firearms without the necessity of being loaded close to or in contact with the lands. The new AccuBond®-LR will be packaged in 100 count boxes, and will initially be available in the following calibers and weights.

nosler2013.jpg

These are awesome! Nosler is going to take the long range market by storm.
Way to go Nosler.

OMG!!!!!! I hope this is not some sort of early April fools day joke. This would make me soooooo happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.