Intro. from a new guy.

I was up in the Sunlight last week and there are some pretty good bulls coming down with that herd. You should see some nice animals to go with the beautiful scenery. Be sure to get your prime rib at the Irma Hotel in Cody. Absolute best meal out here. Melt in your mouth prime rib cooked perfectly. Just got our first little dribble of snow for the season here. About an inch just to turn the grass a little white. Last year the first one was Christmas eve. The Mountains at Cody though have quite a bit.

LTLR,

Good to here that about the migration. I was afraid we were gonna have to do some serious footpackin. That little basin sure is an amazing piece of geography, and especially in the winter time!! Typically we are able to pick a few off at longrange right around White mtn. and just up in Painter gulch and Trail creek drainage, unfortunately the *&#% wolves migrate with them. Last time I was out there we had a black male track me and a freind up a hill where we shot my cow. My dad and a few others were down in the valley and watched it follow us but we never saw it. My dad and some of his older buddies do this one each winter just for a little fun and practicing longrange. We've done several muley and elk hunts right around that area as well, and I can say it is absolutely spectacular scenary. The Irma sure is some good eatin, I love that Bar in that place. Try out the Proud Cut Saloon and Cassie's next time your up that way, they are great dining as well. Thanks for the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.