Insurace for gunsmiths

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by trapperluke, May 19, 2011.

1. trapperluke

trapperluke Well-Known Member

I'm just starting up my gunsmithing business, and I was wondering what you guys carry for insurance? I checked into a couple of places and it seemed pretty expensive. Thanks in advance

2. KLC

KLC Active Member

3. shortgrass

shortgrass Well-Known Member

Check out NRA sponsered insurance. That 'expense' is just part of the cost of doing business that your average customer doesn't see.

4. Gene

Gene Well-Known Member

Be certain to ask your insurance agent about product liability and completed operations coverages. He will explain each to you.

5. Kevin Cram

Kevin Cram <b>SPONSOR</b>

NRA endorsed insurance is probably your best bet. Mention your a machine shop to a typical insurance company and insurance is not too bad, mention the word gun or firearm and they either won't insure you or you'll pay through the nose. Check out the NRA insurance providers, they deal in gunsmith insurance all the time. It still ain't cheap though. Good luck.gun)

6. Rustystud

Rustystud Well-Known Member

If you read the fine print most Gun related insurance is covered by Joseph Chiarello and Co. The independent carriers are just their agents. Loyds of London is another carrier but they are quite expensive.

Nat Lambeth

7. Hired Gun

Hired Gun Well-Known Member

My NRA endorsed Lockton gunsmith insurance cost me $1295 a year. With all these vague answers I wonder how many guys really carry insurance.