Inside neck/case cleaning

Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, so I guess the person who recommended it uses it as a mild acid. When I was a kid, my dad would add several aspirin to each cell of a weak battery to give it a bit more life. It worked as long as the battery did not have a bad cell.

Dennis

Neither common sense, nor common courtesy ............ are very common any more!

I checked and the aspirin has nothing to do with a headache and lots to do with neutralizing the PH of the water when wet tumbling with SS pins. From what I read, you want a neutral PH and most water, especially well water isn't.

There you have it.

I checked and the aspirin has nothing to do with a headache and lots to do with neutralizing the PH of the water when wet tumbling with SS pins. From what I read, you want a neutral PH and most water, especially well water isn't.

There you have it.

OK, I'm convinced now. Got a bottle of aspirin and will try it along with the Lemi-Shine on my next batch. We have fairly hard water here in the valley of the sun. Thanks for the tip there Flip.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts