Input from 212 owners please.

ARTD338

Am thinking of buying a 212 and would like to know three things: #1- what are the most consistently accurate slugs still available for the 212. I know the 3" Federal Barnes Tipped Expanders were well known to give excellent accuracy out of the 212, but Federal has since stopped production of them.

#2 & #3-Your likes and dislikes.

Thanks,
Arthur.

Each slug gun will like different ammo. So here is where I would start. Buy a box of Remington accutips, hornady sst, and Winchester dualbond these are all consistent winners through all top end slug guns. Send each box down range and let the gun decided. Also once one find the slug it likes try the 23/4 and 3 inch versions. That being said all my slug guns have loved the accutips. My 870 and 220 liked the 2 3/4, but my HR is rifle like with 3 inch accutips. I also prefer them to the others because it is a bonded slug unlike sst. I switched out from ssts and have never been happier. Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.