information on rem 700 pss

oldfamily

Was thinking of a 700 pss in 300 ultra, to play with for a while and then have it worked over. Just was wondering what every one thinks of this rifle with the stock that it has on it. I have not seen one in person myself, and did not know if it had the same stock that the sendero sf II has. thanks oldfamily

The stock on the PSS is not exactly the same as the Sendero. The stock on the PSS is solid black, no webbing effect. I believe it also has a palm swell that the Sendero does not have. It does have the aluminum bedding block feature.

The new senderos have a palm swell. At the time I did not have my pss there to compare to, but they look to have identical shapes.

The PSS has a stock that is no where near the quality of the stock on the sendero. The PSS is a *** stock made by tupperware /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif and the sendero stock is made by HS Precision. The HS stock has the aluminum block bed and the PSS has nothng.Night and Day Difference.Hope this helps. GoodGrouper would be able to tell you for sure but I was just looking at them about a month ago.
slygunner

I have a PSS and the stock is made by HS Precision. It does have the aluminum bedding block and it feels and looks just as good as the rest of my hs stocks.

slygunner, i think you must be thinking of the base model 700 plastic stock. the pss stock is made by hs and does have a bedding block. i'm pretty sure if you were to buy the stocks from hs the pss stock is the more expensive of the two. i have a pss in the 300 ultra and am perfectly happy with it. it can pretty consistently group under 1/2 an inch at a 100. the stock on the pss has a palm swell, two sling swivel studs in the forend, and feels like it is built a little larger throughout than the sendero. if anybody has one of the these stocks for a long action they want to sell i would be intersted. thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.