Info on Sako TRG-S 30/06?

Qdwnundr

I have my eye on a used Sako Trg-s 30/06, but I can't find any info on the web for this rifle. I went to Sako's web site, and they say that there are only 2 heavier magnums in the Trg-S configuration. To get a 30/06 synthetic, it looked like the M-75 was the choice. Did Sako stop making the M995/ Trg-s in 30/06?
Anyone have any reviews of this rifle in 30/06?
Thanks.

There is an after-market lug that can be installed. I had it done on my 30/378

fwiw--I have a trgs in 30-378. I love everything about the gun except it is a finicky shooter. Many report that it has a very small recoil lug and that might be part of the problem. I had the bore "scoped" and it looked great. To me unless that gun is really priced right I'd look at a new tikka instead. I know a guy that just got one of the T-3's in '06 and his first two handloads both went well under 1". Otherwise I'd say why not ask the gun shop if you can mount a scope, try it and then buy it???? I live in rural america where things like this do happen!! PS regarding the small recoil lug it may well be just fine in the 'o6--just not in a big cannon.!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.