Info on Remington 722

Autorotate19

I was just wanting some info on the Remington 722. I have seen a couple nice ones at gun shows lately and kinda wondering what they are worth and do they shoot? I read somewhere that they were only made for a few years. Any info is appreciated!

Thanks

The 721 (long action) and 722 (short action) were produced from 48 - 61. They're predecessors to the 700. Typically valued as you might expect of well worn, used rifles. In thier time, they were respected for superb accuracy. Today, they are on par with most factory bolt actions. There is little difference between a 721 / 722 and a 700.

Thanks, I was looking at one at a gun show that was in awesome shape. It had a deluxe style bdl stock, douglas heavy barrel, chambered in .308., blueing was 90%. It had a Redfield 4-12 or something similar to that power. The scope had a huge scrape on the one side of the tube. Old guy was asking 875.00 for it, I asked him if he just wanted to sell the rifle without the scope but he declined.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.