In the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

sarge22853

Evening, Timberville, Virginia here. Have not had too many big game (white tail and black bear) shots exceeding 250 yards here in this area. Some longer shots on ground hogs, etc.

Longest kill shot I have ever taken at a live target was 400 (+) meters I was told, didn't hang around to verify .......... gun)

Semper Fi (do or die)

Welcome to the addiction from a fellow Virginian!! I have been thinking about going west a bit to VA's large national forests, how is the vegetation? Long shots possible?

On the VA WVA line and down in Highland County, maybe 400 yard shots. Getting the harvest out can prove to be a challenge for us more seasoned (okay older) folks. I have not hunted the Eastern part of the state in a long time. Used to hunt around the Pokamoke (sp) City area in the early seventies.

gun) lightbulb

Semper Fi (do or die)

Welcome to the forum Sarge! Also hunt in Faquier and out in the GW Nat Forest...I have about 600yd max shots on powerlines...but it should get longer once they log one piece of property.

Have fun, learn and share what you know! Thanks for joining.

Matt

Thanks, the wife and I will probably get longer shots this year as were are getting more into ambush (third year adjusting to it) instead of stalking (as this was prefered back in the day :D)

gun) lightbulb

Semper Fi (do or die)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.