In search of a ballistic program for my palm

jbear

I've finally decided to leave the drop charts at home and start running a ballistic program in the field with a PDA. I recently picked up a PalmOne tungsten e2 and I've started looking everywhere on the internet for a ballistic program to put on it. Most of the forums on here talk about the Exbal program by Perry Systems or the Nightforce version of the same program. I've tried buying the program from both of them and they both tell me that they have discontinued their service. What other ballistic programs are available that can compete with exbal? I really like Gseven's program and I use it for all of my drop charts and have had amazing results but I'm not sure if they sale it. Or possibly does anyone have a copy of exbal and are willing to share? Everyone's expert advise is much needed!!

I'm a firm believer in direct dial for ballistic compensation although Horus does offer a fine product. I've also contemplated the use of a ballistics program on a smart phone as the solution but I have a hard time justifying the $30 some odd a month for a data package when the only thing I want it for is a ballistics program. My good old LG flip phone is a trooper and to part ways with her at this point after she spent an entire Deer season lost in the mountains, yet faithfully returned to me, just because she doesn't understand the properties of spin drift or coriolis effect, would simply be too difficult a task. I am specifically look for an advanced program to put on my palm. Any suggestions or perhaps anyone out there who has a program they would like to share with me please let me know.

Not to hijack the thread but do apps like shooter for your phone need to be connected to the internet in order to give you a firing solution? If so are there any that can give you an output without the internet?

As mentioned shooter does not require connection. I have iPod with shooter and it goes with me everywhere. Stuffed it in a lifeproof case and it is good to go.

I bought a used palm pilot tungsten e3 last year and purchased the nightforce balistics program. The only issue I had was I had to use my old 2003 desk top computer to load the program onto in order to download it to the palm.

i use STRELOK ballistic app on my droid phone... it will even let you choose from a large selection of reticles and its a free app

I also use strelok for droid phone in combination with a kestrel weather station. Very easy to work... have had first shot hits out to 1250yrds. Even though the phone app is great I would like to up grade my krestrel 4500 to the model that has the horus ballistic program built in that way I can eliminate having to carry and use so many devices. I have also used the exbal style app by nightforce on a trimbal nomad gps. It is very usefaul and will deliver but not as user freindly as the phone app or the horus

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts