In Need Of Help Getting Scope Lower

.30US

I posted this as a follow-up on another thread about the actual rifle, but figured I might get more hits in this sub-forum. I have a Winchester Model 70 with a Farrell Ind 20MOA steel scope base, IOR VTAC 35mm low rings, and IOR Valdada 3-18X42mm scope. The gap under the scope seems excessive at the front and I will have to add some sort of cheekpiece to the stock so that I can get proper cheek weld. Are there any suggestions of alternate ring and/or base options that will lower the scope closer to the bore axis? Thanks.

Requisite photo to show the gap:
WinchesterM7030US.jpg

I have a farrell base on one of my rifles, they are a tall base and better served for 50mm+ scopes,try a NF base i have put one side by side with a farrell and they are lower.

Thats a sweet looking rifle, i don't think i would like to see a cheek piece on it either,take your base down to your local shop and compare, i am sure you will find one to bring it down.cheers mate.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.