In Field Billastic Calculator

muleman1953

What would be an inexpensive Hand Held I could download my Nightforce Disk onto an use in the field hunting where there is no cell service. I'don't have a cellphone an don't want to pay a monthly service either. Not sure what's compatable with Nightforce software, & somewhat Computor challended.

Thanks

Last edited:
I picked up a used Dell Axium off of ebay for $55.00 It came with a charger and leather case . It does not require any monthly fee or contract yahoo !!! . If I can do it anybody can. :) Just make sure you get a fairly new model so you can get replacement batteries for it when needed.
Hope this helps.

Take bigbuck's advice and get the Dell. I tried the Palm pilot and wish I could replace the batteries when out for a week.

What model Dell Axium did you get? What program were you able to load? Will this accept Nightforce software?
What about buying a Touch iPod without the phone?

What model Dell Axium did you get? What program were you able to load? Will this accept Nightforce software?
What about buying a Touch iPod without the phone?

If you have an iPod Touch, get the Shooter app: Shooter - Ballistics Calculator for iOS and Android. If you have an Android phone or Iphone, get the same for it for $10 If you really do shoot regularly beyond 1500 yds, as this subforum is for, put Bryan Litz's $30 new program on an Android phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...kYmFsbGlzdGljc2xsYy5hcHBsaWVkYmFsbGlzdGljcyJd

These are the probably the two most highly respected ballistics programs on this site. Last I heard the Nightforce software was merely a brand adapted version of Exbal, which is 'old school' at this point, but still quite functional for much shooting. I still use it on a Dell Axim X30, but will be switching to Shooter or Litz's program (when he gets it ready for iOS) the second the next Iphone comes out.

I picked up a used Dell Axium off of ebay for $55.00 It came with a charger and leather case . It does not require any monthly fee or contract yahoo !!! . If I can do it anybody can. :) Just make sure you get a fairly new model so you can get replacement batteries for it when needed.
Hope this helps.

So using the Dell Axium for about $55.00 what program do I use, where do I get it, how is it loaded in to the Dell Axium? thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.