In between caliber?

I love the 260 and would choose it over the Creed for the very reason you stated. In a crunch, you can form brass from a 7-08, 308, or 243.

Either round (Creed, or 260) is easy on the barrel, your shoulder, and just plain fun to shoot.

You can also form Creed' brass from 22-250 brass, and last i checked that was a popular caliber.

As much as I like my 300rum and 300wm thought I'd go the 6.5 on latest build. Doing a 6.5-06 , 28inch sendero contour. Thinking I can get 140's over 3000fps easy, light recoil, can easily make cases using 25-06, 270, or 30-06 brass. Hoping it gets here soon.

If you aren't opposed to a wildcat, the 6.5 Sherman or the 6.5 SS will both push the 140's over 3200' and the 160's at over 3000'. This is WM velocity with a lot less powder and better barrel life.......Rich

If you aren't opposed to a wildcat, the 6.5 Sherman or the 6.5 SS will both push the 140's over 3200' and the 160's at over 3000'. This is WM velocity with a lot less powder and better barrel life.......Rich

Thanks for answering a few questions I didn't know the answer to when I was asked about them. I Was hoping you would stop in, because if anyone knows the answers, it's you. :D

If you are seriously considering a 6.5, you owe it to yourself to research the 6.5 Sherman and the 6.5 Sherman Short mag.

In no way am I trying to say that a 6.5 Sherman is a .338 Lapua, but to some, this may be a bit of an eye opener. The Lapua has nearly twice the energy. It is said that you need 1000 ft. lbs. of energy to kill an elk. I personally believe the tissue damage has a greater affect than the amount of energy, but that is for another debate. The Sherman still has 1223 ft. lbs. at 1000 yards. Following is a comparison of the ballistics with both having 26" barrels at a given set of enviromental conditions:

Lapua/300 grain Berger.......Sherman 160 grain Matrix
cartridge.... MV........moa 1000........moa drift.......velocity 1000
.338 Lapua.. 2800'.........24.4..............4.2.................1853.........
6.5 Sherman.3025..........22.0..............4.7.................1856.........

In no way am I trying to say that a 6.5 Sherman is a .338 Lapua, but to some, this may be a bit of an eye opener. The Lapua has nearly twice the energy. It is said that you need 1000 ft. lbs. of energy to kill an elk. I personally believe the tissue damage has a greater affect than the amount of energy, but that is for another debate. The Sherman still has 1223 ft. lbs. at 1000 yards. Following is a comparison of the ballistics with both having 26" barrels at a given set of enviromental conditions:

Lapua/300 grain Berger.......Sherman 160 grain Matrix
cartridge.... MV........moa 1000........moa drift.......velocity 1000
.338 Lapua.. 2800'.........24.4..............4.2.................1853.........
6.5 Sherman.3025..........22.0..............4.7.................1856.........
****! That's some hellacious numbers right there!

Well, it's for certain now Rich, when I build a 6.5, it's definitely gonna be a Sherman. :D

The 6.5 Sherman looks really impressive! Don't think it's exactly what I'm looking for as I'm still new to the reloading game an was hoping for something's with factory or already made brass. That's why I had the 260 rem in mind, but there is something about the 6.5 creedmoor that keeps me coming back to take a peak. The problem is, the creedmoor brass just isn't easy to come by in Canada and is why I keep going back to the 260.

The 6.5 Sherman looks really impressive! Don't think it's exactly what I'm looking for as I'm still new to the reloading game an was hoping for something's with factory or already made brass. That's why I had the 260 rem in mind, but there is something about the 6.5 creedmoor that keeps me coming back to take a peak. The problem is, the creedmoor brass just isn't easy to come by in Canada and is why I keep going back to the 260.

The 6.5 Sherman is great, because it uses regular old .270 Win brass to form for it. You can find that anywhere and everywhere. :D

I guess I'm just gonna have to hurry up and just go buy a .25-06 SPS, and build my 6.5 Sherman...Unless I can find a cheap standard 700 LA somewhere. Hey rich, you got any laying around? :D

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.