Impressed with the sendero results

Discussion in 'Extreme Long Range Hunting & Shooting (ELR)' started by HuntFarther, Sep 1, 2013.

1. HuntFarther

HuntFarther Well-Known Member

[ame="http://youtu.be/yeLh97rsmUA"]New Sendero Results - YouTube[/ame]

I posted this video in the long range hunting and shooting, too. But, it actually belongs in this forum. We are having extremely good results with the Sendero's.

huntthedistance.com
    406-491-6109

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Very nice shooting. I am sure you are very happy with that. Congrats!! That's awesome!

Oh wait!!! Didn't you get the memo?? Your RUM has freebore. There is a member on here that posts every chance he gets how those soft jacketed bullets "don't shoot worth a crap" in free bore rifles. Boy am I glad you didn't read that. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

All jokes aside, nice job. Which 230's, the OTM's or Targets? The BC of both is great and turns a big 30 into a spanking machine as you just proved.

Jeff

3. HuntFarther

Thanks broz,

They are the target. The senderos do shoot good, this one is one of the better ones. I just don't have much trouble with getting them to shoot.

4. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. I can't think of one yet that I have owned that didn't shoot very well with only a little work to it. Pretty darn impressive for a factory rifle.

Judging from what I seen last season from the 215's and assuming the 230 Targets have a similar void in the nose, I would not have any concerns about them on game either. But a few early season antelope would tell for sure before one goes for the elk.

Jeff

5. longrangefreek

longrangefreek Well-Known Member

Great shooting even though I could not for the life of me see the impacts at the 1600 yard target. I could definately hear the report back but man I could not find the impacts.

Shooting that well at 1100 and over 2000 I am positive that what you were saying at 1600 was very true. That is a very nice shooting rifle. Some great reloading also. Thanks for the video.

6. HuntFarther

Lrfreak

I am going to try and play with weather conditions a little. With the hot days and little rain will help out a lot. I also will find a perfect flat face rock. Thanks.

7. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

The search for that flat face rock or wall to check drops at ELR. This is more important in dialing in a program than many can imagine.

Jeff

8. HuntFarther

Broz,
    I agree.

I also need to correct myself. I need the hot days without these afternoon showers.

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

There is so much smoke here today it was cooler and NO mirage. I was a shooting fool all afternoon...:D

10. HuntFarther

I should have shot but I am a little worried me may end up with a big change in weather one day soon. So I went and cut a load of firewood.

How did thing end up are you shooting your +p?

11. longrangefreek

longrangefreek Well-Known Member

no worries here I just could not see the hit. ELR is a totally different ball game. Keep up the great shooting and videos. they are a joy to watch.

I need to spend little more time studying which cmera is a good one to use for little money and how to edit it so that I can make videos of my play days killing rocks. All I have is a little sony handy cam. it works ok but is hard to see targets behond 1000.

12. HuntFarther

Good quality and cheap are really tough to come by. The cannon xha1's really are a good camera. Just watch for them on ebay the come down in price but new were $3500-4500

13. shorty

shorty Well-Known Member

Great Video! Got 500 215gr Bergers couple months ago and loaded some for nephews elk hunt in Black Hills of SD. Developed a decent load for his Winchester 300mag...am babysitting phone cuz he's out there now...waiting is killin me...lol

14. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Not as much as I should be. I have 4 rifles to get out of here before I can think about it real hard. Shawn is finishing up a custom die for it, so I will be tuning the brass a little soon. It shoots good, it has me pretty confident so far.

Jeff