I'm New

Mish

I went to the gun shop today looking for a 308 cal. rifle. I had one before but I decided to sell it and I used the money to buy a different hand gun. I missed my rifle so I decided to get another one.This time I was looking for a rifle to target practice with. I want to get into the sport. I first looked at a Rock River 308, than a DPMS 308. Very impressive rifles. I than saw a Savage 12 in the corner and to me it was BEAUTIFUL!! I know it is a completely different rifle than the first two I looked at. The first being semi auto 308 and the Savage being a bolt action rifle. The savage was screaming BUY ME!! I didn't know anything about the Savage rifle but looking at it made me feel it was what I was looking for. The barel is 29" long . It is 1" thick and it is stainless steel. I am hoping it will shoot as good as it looks. When I got home I went on the internet to try and fine some information on this rifle I just bought. I know that is backwards, you research before you buy. I did, that is why I was looking at the DPMS and the Rock River. Both are good rifles, they are accurate and both have gotten good reviews. In the gun shop it was spur of the moment. To my surprise after finding the rifle on the internet and reading the reviews I couldn't be happier. This is one of Savage special use target rifle that was designed for 1000 yard shooting. It is called the Savage 12 bench rest. The scope I got is a Redfield revolution 4-12 x 40mm Accu Range I don't know if it will be strong enough for 1000 yards. I guess I won't start shooting at 1000 yards I will have to acquire that skill set in time.I also got a Harris bipod.
I was still surfing the net and I found this site. I was reading some of the forms and your site has so much information on it about long distance shooting I had to join. I am looking foward to many years of exchanging great information.

Hmmm. . . talk about being instantly hooked:D Best watch out for those impulses. Next thing ya know you'll see a girl . . . :)

Browse around, learn some stuff and you'll have a continual grin on the mug.:)

Welcome aboard!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts