I'm back - after 28 years

Craig L

Hello everyone. First time on a forum, but LRH seems very fitting.
Grew up on SW New York and began hunting at age 13. I fell in love with the M1 Gerand in the mid 60's and absorbed everything imaginable about the weapon.

I purchased a custom spec .243 Remington in the mid 70's that logged over 1,500 wood chucks. After only 5 reloads, we found the sweet spot - and all I will say is that the accuracy was beyond awesome.

Couldn't hit anything with a shot gun but when NYS legalized pistols for dear hunting, my Dan Wesson .357 Mag took a buck each year.

Family problems directed me towards Florida for nearly 30 years - and hadn't fired my weapons since.

Today I'm retired and back in NY with Hobbies of RC Model Airplanes, Guns, and a nice little machine shop. (can't do gun barrels - yet)

****** The fire is lit - the passion still alive - I purchased a Springfield M1A SOCOM 16. I know what the .308 will do but not sure about the M1A. I'll 'fine-tune' it to be as good as it can be - but then I'll have to 'fine-tune' me.

I have always had this passion (or maybe curiosity) for 1000 yd match, which I was considering in 1983. ??? Maybe now is the time ???? (not with the short 16!)

But that's why I joined this forum. I have a little knowledge but I know it will take a lot of knowledge. "I'm Back"

I go by Craig L and let me take a moment to say thanks to those that take the time to read this New Member Introduction. Craig

Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the Northeast. SW NY is a wonderful place. I spend a good bit of time woodchuck hunting near the Rexville area in the summer.

I welcome you to the site as well, but like the other gentlemen, if I ever have the chance I will move back out of NY if only due to the gun laws.

Welcome Craig L. Retiring TO NY almost puts you in a class by your self.:rolleyes: Hope you get to do all them things that took you back HOME!:D
Pick the biggest and baddest ones first...... you will start "shutting down now" as my second born once said about Grandma, so get the biggies out 'O' the way.

ps. Would you send me a couple good loads for the .243 cause I may have to go that way some day after the 338WM is tooooooo big and heavy if I get a shoulder injury before the Grandaughter gets up to speed....she is 3 on TAX DAY-15th & we have a new R-700 youth.:) It might work for us also.
GOOD LUCK.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.