If you've tried the Accu/Level I have a question???

shortpants

I have been researching ACD's and for what I'm looking for the Accu/Level seems like it would work out best. There is nothing perfect but I'm going to have to settle for something. I really like the idea of having my ACD/ACI as far forward as possible for better visibility and the fact that they won't interfere with my side focus.

The negetive I see is the fact that it moves. In a hunting sitiuation how easy would it be to not flip the level all the way over giving a false level? Can you feel them lock into place? When they are locked into place is there any play or is it rock solid? When you go to flip it back over for storage can you feel it click as you push it out of the locked position (meaning does it take a little effort to unlock it or do you just blow on it and it flips up?) I would hope that it takes a little effort.

The only thing out there that compares that I could find is the Horus but the tiny level and big plastic cover/reflector do not impress me.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I t seats into place, I like the design, but it is costly. I have a simple rail level, b-square I think, under 10 bucks. Doesnt bother me sticks out about same as side focus. USO ALSO has a flip out level. I have 2 different ACI mounts that ride at slight different height off rail.

I used to use that small, inexpensive level from B Square. It sticks out to the side when mounted to the Picatinney rail. After I had used it a couple seasons I got anxious about the possibility of it getting slightly jarred (bend the tube) out of adjustment. If it ever did, it would be very difficult to ever realize that it had happened. I switched to the Defensive Edge ACI/ACD Combo Mount a while back.

When Flatline Ops' products came out I thought they were some of the coolest, functional and innovative designs I had seen in quite a while. By the way, I received a prototype of a couple neat new products from Flatline Ops a couple weeks ago. Can't tell you about them quite yet for patent reasons.:cool:

Anyway, I just went to my store's shelves and flipped the Flatline Ops Accu/Level's arm out and back a few times. It has a VERY positive detent that would resist unintended movement. Equally important -- it is VERY unlikely you would be unaware of an unintended movement.

When you change positions there is a significant CLICK sound and the arm accelerates downward quickly as it nears the default position at the detents on both sides.

You can buy Defensive Edge ACI/ACD Combo Mount and the Accu/Level Scope Level By Flatline Ops right here in the LRH Gear Shop.

Thanks for the responses guys. It is expensive but it is also unique as far as I can tell. It seems like it would solve the problems I described above better than any thing else I've seen or heard mentioned. If someone thinks they have a better solution please feel free to chime in. I don't want to spend that much but it is the only thing I can find to solve the issuse at hand. When your anal like me sometimes you have to pay for happiness.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.