Idahoans sound off.

I grew up in north Idaho, then lived in Boise for a while. Moved away in 2001. Worst decision i have ever made hunting wise. I hate having to draw just to hunt deer and only get 1 week to do it. I go back every year to visit family in the summer. I sure miss north Idaho.:)

So where are you living now Clemensp06?

Hi Rum Runner,

Nice to see another Idahoan on this forum.

I am just a new guy here on the forum trying to figure out how everything works on this forum.

Buckfynn, I am in Colorado Springs, Co. Don't get me wrong, I like the hunting here, i just cant get enough of it. I love to archery hunt and rifle and muzzy, but usually just rifle hunt, cause we like the meat. 9 days is not enough time for me. I have been building up points for elk so i can archery hunt every year and just rifle hunt for deer. At least we still have elk here cause no wolves yet. Thats a sore subject i know so i won't start on that one.

I just moved to southeast Idaho. Been here a week now. Still moving. It's amazing how much "stuff" one aquires over the years. I have already gotten permission to hunt the private property around me. I can now ride my horses right from my pasture to the mountains without having to trailer them. The search for a place to set up a long range target area will be on the top of the to do list.

Where ya at?

I just moved to southeast Idaho. Been here a week now. Still moving. It's amazing how much "stuff" one aquires over the years. I have already gotten permission to hunt the private property around me. I can now ride my horses right from my pasture to the mountains without having to trailer them. The search for a place to set up a long range target area will be on the top of the to do list.

The east side of Franklin county.

Good!

Have been thinkin' about a LR shoot day in Pocatello or Rexburg both have 1k ranges.

After that a challenge to the Utar fellas. I figure the ID shooters can put a whoopin' on 'em.:D

I'm done in SLC nest March. Maybe 2012 is the year.

Good!

Have been thinkin' about a LR shoot day in Pocatello or Rexburg both have 1k ranges.

After that a challenge to the Utar fellas. I figure the ID shooters can put a whoopin' on 'em.:D

I'm done in SLC nest March. Maybe 2012 is the year.

Where are those 1k ranges located at? Are they public or private?

Hey Ya Great Idahoans!
Start sounding off. Looks to me like there aren't very many of you fellow Idaho State'rs sounding off on this site. Maybe if enough of us can get located and get together we can have a shoot. Sound like fun, anyone? Doesn't have to be a big competitive thing, but a fun get together perhaps! Maybe we can scare all this rain off a little and do some long range shootin'.gun)

Where are those 1k ranges located at? Are they public or private?

East on Chubuck road - Call Sam's Gun Shop in Poky. They have the key.

Hyway 33 west of Rexburg. I think but not sure that it has a resident there that lets ya in.... They shoot as special kind of f-class on a regular basis.

Hey Ya Great Idahoans!
Start sounding off. Looks to me like there aren't very many of you fellow Idaho State'rs sounding off on this site. Maybe if enough of us can get located and get together we can have a shoot. Sound like fun, anyone? Doesn't have to be a big competitive thing, but a fun get together perhaps! Maybe we can scare all this rain off a little and do some long range shootin'.gun)

Bout sick of all this **** rain. It's going to be a duplicate of last spring. Lucky to shoot one day a week. Can't even see my 750 today because of the fog and rain. Well the wind is not blowing that's a good thing. Might be able to get off a few Tuesday....will see.