Idahoans sound off.

There is good water fowling around lake Pend Oreille. As well as along the border of Canada, N of Bonnersferry.

It is equally good around the Boise River and the CJ Stryke Resevior in the southern part of the state. The fishing is much better in Lewiston than Pend Oreille.

If you're an avid outdoorsman Idaho is a great place no matter what part of the state you're in.

Hi I live in council idaho and the hunting here is great for deer white tail and muleys as well as elk. Does anyone else hunt up hearclooking for some hunting and shooting buddies..

Still no luck on getting the wife to move. I am planning on coming out there this fall for a hunt. Possibly a elk/mule deer combo with rifle if I can. As far as scouting I might be able to talk family members in scouting for me if its near McCall but not sure about the draw and over the counter stuff near there, looking into it. Otherwise scouting wise I might be forced to wait until the season. I do plan on taking 2 weeks off to hunt so I help that helps some. I really have no desire to shoot white tails or bear as I have shot them both before. I have yet to hunt Mule deer and I have yet to shoot a bull elk. Those would be my top priorities. If I do somehow get out there this coming summer I will give you guys a shout to possibly get together as it would be great to meet some fellow long range hunters!

Still no luck on getting the wife to move. I am planning on coming out there this fall for a hunt. Possibly a elk/mule deer combo with rifle if I can. As far as scouting I might be able to talk family members in scouting for me if its near McCall but not sure about the draw and over the counter stuff near there, looking into it. Otherwise scouting wise I might be forced to wait until the season. I do plan on taking 2 weeks off to hunt so I help that helps some. I really have no desire to shoot white tails or bear as I have shot them both before. I have yet to hunt Mule deer and I have yet to shoot a bull elk. Those would be my top priorities. If I do somehow get out there this coming summer I will give you guys a shout to possibly get together as it would be great to meet some fellow long range hunters!

I live in council great mule deer hunting and elk too its about 40 miles south west of McCall if you get out here this summer or for hunting season give me a shout would be great to have another long range hunting partner. Pm me and I will get you my number.

Yo Idaho folks,

Randa Long-Range (royinidaho) is planning a long-range shooting/preparation 2-day LR training experience during the January thaw.

Two sessions of class room stuff on a Friday. Session 1 Friday, 4 hours ending at 4 PM.

Session 2 Friday, same stuff as Session 1 but starts at 5 PM for those that work 5 days.

Saturday session goes for as long as it takes beginning at 0900. Shooting location is BLM ground west of Blackfoot. Range to 1600 yards. Plan on getting to 1K.

If you don't have a drop chart to 1K or so by the end of the both sessions you'll be prepared to finalize one at your convenience.

We'll start at your level and go from there. Rifle criteria is a rig capable of MOA or less at 300 yards with you driving.

Class room stuff is the typical stuff necessary to understand the intricacies of preparing to take game at LR.

Field work is learning how to deal the mechanics of LR consistency.

Max class size is 6 shooters. Observers welcome but not a freebie.

Full tilt two day experience is $175.00.

Monitor/observe both days is $50.00

Consideration given for a team of shooter and spotter with one rifle.

If interested PM with days that are suitable to you. We'll figure it out from there.

There is good water fowling around lake Pend Oreille. As well as along the border of Canada, N of Bonnersferry.

It is equally good around the Boise River and the CJ Stryke Resevior in the southern part of the state. The fishing is much better in Lewiston than Pend Oreille.

If you're an avid outdoorsman Idaho is a great place no matter what part of the state you're in.

I live south of Bonners Ferry:D