Idaho mule deer help?

Ackool

Hey guys looking to get on our first mule deer hunt this coming October. Never had the chance to really do a true back country mule deer hunt before. Me and the wife will be headed to southern Idaho to unit 48. Never hunting mule deer before we are kind of blind so looking for any information that may help us pick some spots out. Not looking for your secret spots just a couple points in the right direction. We hunt hard and definelty don't mind putting the work in. Looking at Google it's just kind of over whelming for a couple of flat landers lol. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey Ackool,
you have a chance at a very nice buck in that area. Might not be an easy hunt but the potential is there. Besides that you will be in great black bear country & you can hang a non-resident deer tag on a black bear or mountain lion. Make sure you have a camera as you will be in some of the most beautiful country you will ever see.
PM me if I can be of any help.
Thanks, Kirk

That's some big country but purely beautiful. Have seen some big deer in there in the summer. Numbers should be good will mild winter last year. Pm sent

Hey Ackool,
you have a chance at a very nice buck in that area. Might not be an easy hunt but the potential is there. Besides that you will be in great black bear country & you can hang a non-resident deer tag on a black bear or mountain lion. Make sure you have a camera as you will be in some of the most beautiful country you will ever see.
PM me if I can be of any help.
Thanks, Kirk

Non res black bear tag is under 40.00

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.