Ian McMurchy Has Passed Away!

To the family and friends of Ian's I offer my condolences. His articles, stories, and pictures were treasured by outdoorsmen everywhere.

He will be sorely missed.

This is terrible news, I considered Ian to be a good friend. We talked ofton on the phone and I was aware of his long battle with this illnes. Ian would always call back if he couldn't talk when I can, eventhou we had never met in person, I feel a great loss.

Sad news indeed. Our sport has lost truly a great ambassador.

I had never met the man, but I can't remember a time he didn't take the time to answer anything I might have asked him, always willing to share his knowledge.

The world will be less bright without him.

Chris

Ian's passing is a tremendous loss to our community. He will be missed.

My thoughts and prayers to all of those who's life he has enriched.

Southpaw

I never talked to Ian face to face bit felt I knew him very well having many long phone conversations with him.

All I will say is that he was a very kind and gentle sole who rose my spirits everytime I talked with him.

Last year we tried to meet up when he passed through my area heading to an elk hunt. Timing did not work out. That saddened me then and now I regret not making that happen so I could have shaken the mans hand.......

Ian was one of those people that when they are gone, everyone notices something is different, not complete, without them there.

He was a kind, calm voice of reason and vast experience here on LRH. I can remember many times talking to him on the phone and being interupted by his grand childern coming in to play with grandpa, an interuption that was well worth listening to. I am sure as sad as we are, his family is baring a loss that is hard to imagine at this time and our prayers go out to them.

When we pass, I think the best compliment we could get is that the world is a bit less bright now that we are gone. That is certainly how the world is today, just not quite as bright.

Good bye Ian, THANK YOU old friend!!! We will certainly notice you are not with us any longer.........

I'm terribly saddened by the news of Ian's passing. He'll surely be missed by everyone here.

This is truly a sad time. I wish the deepest condolences to his family and friends. We were graced with his passion. His lessons and legacy will live into eternity through his writing. How lucky we were that he chose to chronicle and share his life's work for all to enjoy.

Ian Loved his family and friends, taking pictures, teaching people to shoot, custom rifles and of course .308's Over the past couple years his little white truck has made numerous trips just north of Swift Current where we burnt up alot of Varget and turned white steel grey. Ian taught us alot about shooting and life. I will never forget the smile on his face when telling me how he took his family to the range and his Grandaughter shot balloons with the new .22 he bought for her. Ian I am going to miss you.

Wade

Sorry to hear of the passing of Mr. McMurchy. I had just discovered this site and was reading his articles at the moment of his passing. I've learned a lot.
Condolences to friends and family.

Condolences, and Gods grace to Ian's friends and family.

It is obvious that he was a good man. We all can only hope to have as positive an influence on our fellow men as he has.

Steve

It is truely a sad day when a good man leaves this world. We, as a shooting community, have lost a good source of information and insight. I can only imagine what he was like in person and the huge hole he has left.

My heart goes out to his family and close friends. They have had a great treasure and will now suffer the greatest loss.

Condolences to all, those fortunate ones that knew him and miss him, and the unfortunate ones that are the poorer for not knowing him.

This is a very sad day indeed.

Rick

On 12/19/07 Ian answered one of my questions... after he was done he said:

"Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas, I am sure that handsome grandson will be ready for Santa! We have a little granddaughter who is counting the sleeps - we are so blessed to have the little ones aren't we!"

I had always felt he was a good guy, but after that I just knew it!!!

I'm sorry he's not with us any more and offer my condolences to his loved ones, his friends and those that will miss him... all of us!

I didn't know Ian, but I've read all of his articles on this site. I'm a better hunter as a result.

Although I never met him, he will be missed.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.