Ian M-- 416 barrel

rost495

Ian

I recall you using a 416 barrel on the bear hunt. I don't recall where you got the Encore barrel from and if it was accurate or not.

I'm in a bind as I was going to rebarrel a 300 into a 338 cal and now may have to build a 458 for a friend for a backup gun, which may leave me in a last minute bind for a moose round, its a long story but since I have an encore buying a barrel is fairly cheap and quick.

Any info is appreciated. If I had the funds to do both the 338 and 458 the same year the question would be solved but the 338 is on back burner. And there is quite a bit more top line gear to buy for a DIY Alaska hunt. Cheap gear gets you dead up there.....

Thanks, Jeff

The .416 Rigby Encore barrel is a custom shop barrel, can be ordered through their Fox Ridge Outfitters shop. Perhaps you could same some $ and time by considering a .375 H&H since it is a production caliber, very likely in stock and more readily available.
Good luck with your decision, the Encore barrels that I have are very accurate and easy to clean.

Ian
Thanks for the info. You are probably right on the 375. I wasn't thinking clearly. Too many variables involved.

Thanks, Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.