Ian M-- 416 barrel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rost495, Jun 3, 2005.

1. rost495

rost495 Well-Known Member

Ian

I recall you using a 416 barrel on the bear hunt. I don't recall where you got the Encore barrel from and if it was accurate or not.

I'm in a bind as I was going to rebarrel a 300 into a 338 cal and now may have to build a 458 for a friend for a backup gun, which may leave me in a last minute bind for a moose round, its a long story but since I have an encore buying a barrel is fairly cheap and quick.

Any info is appreciated. If I had the funds to do both the 338 and 458 the same year the question would be solved but the 338 is on back burner. And there is quite a bit more top line gear to buy for a DIY Alaska hunt. Cheap gear gets you dead up there.....

Thanks, Jeff

2. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

The .416 Rigby Encore barrel is a custom shop barrel, can be ordered through their Fox Ridge Outfitters shop. Perhaps you could same some $ and time by considering a .375 H&H since it is a production caliber, very likely in stock and more readily available.
    Good luck with your decision, the Encore barrels that I have are very accurate and easy to clean.

3. rost495

rost495 Well-Known Member

Ian
    Thanks for the info. You are probably right on the 375. I wasn't thinking clearly. Too many variables involved.

Thanks, Jeff