I won a wild boar hunt at

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Boyd Heaton, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Boyd Heaton

Boyd Heaton Well-Known Member

a place called BIG MIKE'S game preserve,anyone know anything about this place?????????

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Boyd,

BIG MIKES, oh yeah, I know the place, right next to little sally's. [​IMG]

What state is BIG MIKES in?

BTW, you are a lucky little fart, you win all sorts of stuff. Need a partner? hint hint.

If its up near Wellsboro I may know of the place your talking about, if not, then I don't.

Have a happy holiday.

Don [​IMG]

3. Boyd Heaton

Don,it's in Pa...It's an 814 area code.....I think it's around Ebensburg somewhere.I have to call him Monday to make plan's....Gonna shoot one with a MK!!!!!! [​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Boyd, I'm doing one of those in NY January 7th. They are penned hunts so I would never do one for deer or elk. But, for some good pork I'm sure it will be fun!

I thought about what weapon I would use and decided since it is a penned hunt that I would use my bow so I can enjoy those tasty pork ribs!!!!

Good Luck & Happy Holidays

5. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

Boyd,
    An acquaintance of mine did a similar hunt a while ago and he whapped a boar with a 168 J4 behind the shoulders, less than 150 yards with a .308 Win. and after a 7-8 hour search they gave up and never found the rascal. That is only one shot, one boar and one bullet so it might not mean a hell of a lot. I have shot a number of Texas critters with Sciroccos and Bear Claws and the .308 did a fine job.

It will be interesting to hear how you make out with Matchkings, might be worth having a Barnes, Failsafe or BearClaw in the magazine in case you need a second go at him.

Good luck, makin' bacon.
    ian

6. Boyd Heaton

Changed my mind,gonna use a pistol...45 Colt

7. baldeagle713

baldeagle713 Well-Known Member

Shoot em in the head if ya get a chance, derectly behind the ear. Put's em down fast.
    I know I did it on the farm with a 22lr at 6inches. Good huntin ya lucky son of a GUN!!! [​IMG]