I will never buy another remington again!!

Given that every gunsmith, and aftermarket supplier on the globe has a 'fix' for Remingtons, doesn't it seem as though merely a platform from which to build something better?
Personally I don't know. Never owned one.. See nothing of 'value' in them...

I see it like this:
You could easily dump $25K into a Chevy Nova, but it would not be worth a dime more than,,,,,,, a Chevy Nova.....
This is because GM never put any effort into it. Well, no more than Remington put's into theirs.

Better to invest in something more interesting. I'm not talking about saving money, but of supporting the efforts embedded(charactor).
Maybe a Mercury Cougar, or a Pontiac Catalina, or a Savage!!

The very EXACT thing happened to me. First one I bought and last. Was told I would have a possible wait of months for rifle back.

I understand what ya'll are sayin. I am going to build off this platform. I don't ever want to second guess my equipment. The service is horrible. The conversation was about two minuets. When I realized that he did not want to help me I asked to be transfered to a supervisor or manager. He told me that they would tell me the same thing. I said that I woud take my chances and that i wanted to talk to someone else. That is when he said write a letter and hung up.

You don't treat people like dirt! If someone came into my store at at&T it was my job and duty to fix the problem and make the custurmer happy. That is all. Service.

darrin

I understand what ya'll are sayin. I am going to build off this platform. I don't ever want to second guess my equipment. The service is horrible. The conversation was about two minuets. When I realized that he did not want to help me I asked to be transfered to a supervisor or manager. He told me that they would tell me the same thing. I said that I woud take my chances and that i wanted to talk to someone else. That is when he said write a letter and hung up.

You don't treat people like dirt! If someone came into my store at at&T it was my job and duty to fix the problem and make the custurmer happy. That is all. Service.

darrin

sorry you had such a problem, exact opposite of my experiences.
did you get his name or id no.? this type of treatment is not tolerated. I have about 19-20 rem's , and have used other doners to build several more. only had 2 problems, first with missing owners manual, 2nd. with then newly introduced .300 rum. Rum bbl shot out in 276 rounds! took rifle to auth. repair dealer (gsmith) and he said "I'll have you call them from here and explain problem" i did, then they talked to gsmith and offered to re-bbl rifle, or issue dealer a credit, i took the credit and installed PAC-NOR bbl, as the remington Rep. dtold us the first rum bbl's were of "questionable" quality

those of you who think remington service is bad, try Browning, or Tikka,
or Kimber, they are much,much,much worse !

...those of you who think remington service is bad, try Browning, or Tikka, or Kimber, they are much,much,much worse !

I haven't talked with Rem CS in many years, but I can vouch for the fact that Beretta (Tikka/Sako) CS absolutley infuriated me for several reasons including denying there was a problem and lying regarding a rifle I sent to them twice. Big company mentalility... we have plenty of business and we don't care about your problem and the next time you bother us, we will charge you.

From now on, I'll be looking for used doners or custom actions and dealing with people I can trust.

darrindlh,

As an individual, you may provide excellent customer service on behalf of AT&T.

However, AT&T as a company has the world's worst customer service. I don't feel the need to dramatize by going into details because everyone has their own experiences to draw on. But, big company's often survive in spite of themselves.

While the person's attitude as relayed to us was a huge problem, at least Remington did tell you to write a letter and send the rifle in for repair. (How else would they know what to look for?)

The retailer should have taken more of an interest in seeing you get satisfaction. In theory, they buy a lot of rifles from Remington and might've helped with the letter and communications and shipping. If you're truly on your own once you leave the store, then you might as well be paying cash at a gun show. Even sellers on gunbroker offer 3 day inspection and return.

I look forward to hearing how long it takes them to repair and return your rifle and how well it operates when you get it back.

Wishing you the best,
-- richard

Richard,
You are completely right. Our store gave the good service not the company. Surprisingly the gun manager at sportsman's says the turn around is two weeks. I hope he is right. That would be awesome.

I to like Montanarifleman will only do custom receivers or good donors to complete my projects. I will have to save up much longer but I know that the rifle i get back will work properly and I will be happy!! :D

Darrin

sorry you had such a problem, exact opposite of my experiences.
did you get his name or id no.? this type of treatment is not tolerated. I have about 19-20 rem's , and have used other doners to build several more. only had 2 problems, first with missing owners manual, 2nd. with then newly introduced .300 rum. Rum bbl shot out in 276 rounds! took rifle to auth. repair dealer (gsmith) and he said "I'll have you call them from here and explain problem" i did, then they talked to gsmith and offered to re-bbl rifle, or issue dealer a credit, i took the credit and installed PAC-NOR bbl, as the remington Rep. dtold us the first rum bbl's were of "questionable" quality

those of you who think remington service is bad, try Browning, or Tikka,
or Kimber, they are much,much,much worse !

I here you regarding other manufacturers pulling the same crap but it is not a justification. I work hard and the money I spend on my equipment was acquired threw risk of life and limb. I shop carefully, spend wisely and if there product comes up short I understand that can happen and I will forgive if they are receptive and do all they can but put me off or put me out one time and we are done. First time shame on you, second time shame on me. That is a sword I'll die on any day even if it hurts me more than it hurts them. That's just bad business. Like I said before people who stand behind there products and respect the trust you have given them deserve your business. Let he who is worthy win. In the end that is the way it ought to be. I for one do what I can to make it so.

I forgot to add the 3 sps ultra mags I ordered in to strip down, every one showed corosion expelling out of the lug barrel joint, And I mean ugly, if some one can post a pic I'll e-mail it to them. You will not believe it when you see it.

Remmy1.jpg

Remmy2.jpg

more importantly is that this will kill the small "mom & pop" gunshop. If the rifle had been sent out bad, Remington would have been well advised to send him a brand new replacement rifle no questions asked. Chances are the buyer would have probably bought another Remington on down the road. Now he may never.

On this board we often talk about using said action as a donor for a build, but we actually are a minority. Most folks just want to buy a rifle and go hunting or target shooting with the least amount of effort.
gary

Sorry guys but the date stamp on those pics is not set since the camera got a new battery, should be Jan 2011

just curious, what distributor did you get these from? looks to have been thru a flood ! what did the boxes look like ?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts