I shot a wolf today! Good Story, Bad Ending

Wow, pretty amazing and sickening video but needs to be seen. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over a bad shot on that wolf, unless you totally missed. That would be a real ****er.

If you think that video is bad you should see what they do to dogs or domestic animals. Guys will find there livestock alive but there hind quarters ate, there dogs torn apart in there yards.
I really liked the point he made about the grizzly being pushed out by wolves, they were recently re-listed due to the enviromental changes that have hurt the pine trees, another load of crap from the same people.:rolleyes:
I know some of the ranches here have told FWP not to set a foot near there land and they are going to take care of the wolves the old fashioned way and they have been doing this for awhile and the wolves are still doing good.

"Well, it wouldn't be strictly accurate to to claim that they're non-native. Wolves used to be part of the eco-system throughout the West, including Yellowstone."

Not so my friend, this wolf is not the wolf that was originally here. Look at the old picture and paintings they are a smaller brush wolf, larger than a coyote. It is an absurd lie that there were no wolves here before the introduction of this none native animal. The wolves that were here were smaller, lighter, and ran in small packs like the size of a coyotes packs or in pairs. Trust me they were here and doing fine before these wolves were released, now we have no local wolves left just the ones that run in super packs and kill like machines. Odd how I can't hardly bare my rear end in the woods without a ticket and they can release animals into there non-native enviroment with an existing population and I still have to pay for that.:D

I've also heard a wolfs heart is way back in the ribs and it takes a solid bullet to get through to it gun)

Actually the wolves introduced to yellowstone were from genus canis lupus occidentalis with these wolves the males average between 100- 145 pounds. In there natural habitat they hunt moose, cariboou, dall sheep, and musk oxen. There natural prey is from the endless caribou herds. These wolves are natural born killers. They hunt in large packs and are just about a perfect predator that even pushes the grizzly bear around.
The wolves that were "Native" to yellowstone were from Canis lupus lycaon wich were called timber wolves. They are on average 55- 75 pounds. There natural prey are deer and weaker elk size animals. So in fact the wolves "introduced" into yellowstone were in fact not native. The wolves brought into the yellowstone area were from wolves canada that were captured and brought to the area.

happylilcuss,
Thanks for posting that, I didn't know the technical terms just they ain't the same:D
I have seen a couple of this years pups killed and the one that was scaled was a 70lbs female and I have heard of a male killed at 212lbs. The first thing they wiped out here was the moose, I saw the first moose this year, it was a cow with no calf out in the sage brush she is the only one in 25+ days running around this season.

So what is the difference between the timber wolf and a brush wolf, the old guys around here called them brush wolves but I think it was more a nick name than what they technically are.
I have never seen anything like these wolves, a pack of four killed eight beef heifers one day and the speed and force they kill with was amazing, it's a slow death unlike a mountain lion but man it is brutal. They are not the kind of predator this area will sustain for long.

This is a great story about an old timer and wolves.

A friend of mine, Kevin, was up at the Marshfield hospital sitting in the waiting room pageing thru one of the outdoor rags, On the cover was a wolf, and a related story about bla bla bla.

So Kevin looks at the old timer next to him, and strikes up a conversation. He was a small frail old man, just a shadow of the stature he had as a youth. A third generation northwoodsman, who had spent most of his years in the lumber industry.

The conversation had gotten a little dry and Kevin says to the old timer, as he shows him the cover of the magazine, "what do you think of all those wolves running around?"

Kevin said at that the old man got a constipated look on his face and made eye contact with him for the first time. And from the mouth of this frail man came a stern lecture.

"Any self-respecting deer hunter ougt to be out shooting every one of those sons of biches! My Pa and his Pa killed them bastards because the damm things are no good. And if you want deer around for your kids to hunt, you better get to killin' them sons of biches!"

Kevin said at that he was near speachless. I told him he should have taken that old man out wolf hunting.

"Any self-respecting deer hunter ougt to be out shooting every one of those sons of biches! My Pa and his Pa killed them bastards because the damm things are no good. And if you want deer around for your kids to hunt, you better get to killin' them sons of biches!"

I think the majority of WI shares his opinion, just not the hippies in madison...

The old man is a smart man and right on the money. If we don't start killing a bunch of wolves real fast our game herds are gone forever. Everyone needs to do there part. I think it should be an underwritten rule that if you draw a nonresident tag in Wyo, Mont, or Idaho you must kill at least one wolf before you can use the big game tag you draw. Local hunters need to enforce that rule.

i am from pa, so i do not know the rules, but in the western states what are the technical rules regarding hunting wolves? we have coyotes here, and too many, but they are always open i am not sure if this is correct but i have been told our coyotes are not the same as the western coyotes, and i have seemn some very big coyotes, in a field spotting about a week ago i saw 2 that were easily as big or bigger than a husky which for a coyote i feel is pretty big

OK guys, this is the unballanced mentality that we are dealing with... I found a wolf blog and here is an exchange between a couple of wolf lovers about the killing of a few members of the "Cottonwod Pack"
\
It will make you want to puke...
emotion-50.gif
I will pray for these wolves to survive and what will be happend to be the best for them
emotion-25.gif

Chris, I knew this day would be coming but reading all of this everyday since September 1st is not getting any easier. I'm heartbroken and as tears spill on my keyboard, I can tell you that nothing I feel for these people is healthy.
emotion-50.gif
emotion-62.gif
They don't deserve to have any of our wildlife in their midst.

You're right Nakoo.I think these people don't deserve to live in these places,not the wolves

Unbelievable.... just unbelievable...

I didn't realize the difference between the sub-species. It would be interesting to find out why they decided to substitute the non-native ones. Seems like a hell of a mistake.

OK guys, this is the unballanced mentality that we are dealing with... I found a wolf blog and here is an exchange between a couple of wolf lovers about the killing of a few members of the "Cottonwod Pack"
\
It will make you want to puke...

Unbelievable.... just unbelievable...

Wasn't hard to find the people you're referring too here. They definatly have another perspective on the situation.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.