I Phones in the backcountry

jeff28

Has anyone used the i phone out on there hunts in the backcountry. I 'm thinkin of getting the bulletflight app for the i phone but don't know if work out in the backcountry if anyone can help that would be great. thanks.

Jeff which app. are you looking at. I have a Mac book myself, and had looked into it a bit. Some people are mad that one came up with upgrades that had to be purchased. It seems like a good idea to me. An iphone can be had on ebay for $70 or so. I've seen apps for 10 bucks. I was wondering about getting a weather app. (free) for the iphone. If it all works the way it is supposed to it could be an all in one ballistic tool. I'm sure someone will come on here and say it sucks, and burst my bubble.:D

I recently got the BulletFlight app for my Iphone, and like it so far. Very easy to use and saving entires for different loads for the same rifle is simple. Once you get your atmoshperic conditions put in you can switch to a Heads up Display that allows you to switch range and wind speed/direction very quickly which is nice. I got the $29.99 version (they call it their military version) which takes into consideration coriolis and spin drift. Only thing is I didn't see a place to imput twist rate, which i thought was needed to calc spin drift. I've only had it for a couple days and haven't compared it to other programs, but many on here have said it was spot on with Exbal and others. Can't wait to try it out in the field. The BulletFlight app seems to be the best option out there for the Iphone.

sounds great. i'm just thinking about gettin the 11.99 app for huntin, i read on knights armorment site that you can get weather condtions from nearby stations through gps. let me know how it works in the feild.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts