I need your help!

JeremyV

Hey guys! I am a long range hunter and this year I took a 6 point bull elk at 570 yards! I took a photo of it and intered it along with a story in the SWFA photo contest and I made the finals! 30 people make the finals and the person with the most votes wins some really nice optics! last year the winner won a pair of Leica Geovid Binoculars! of course I am hoping to win and need your help to do so. Please vote for me it only takes a secound and it would be really cool if the winner of the contest was a long range hunter!

here is the link! http://www.swfa.com/contestentries.aspx?contest=9 make sure to vote for me Jeremy VanSchoonhoven
the contest ends at the end of this month so please vote soon!

Thanks in advance!
Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

I used a savage 110 in 308 and for ammo I used remington core-Lockt 150gn pointed soft point. They seem to shoot really good through my gun! I have also bedded the action and made my own custom stock. with this setup I have put all three shots through one hole at 100 yards.
This was only my secound season of hunting so I was really excited about getting the elk! last year I shot a cow first day of season just because I needed the meat and did not know if I was going to get another chance! this year I saw elk all but one day I went out so I waited till I found a big one! well big for me.

Thanks for the votes!

By the way that super sniper scope really does a good job the only thing I dont like is that its a fixed 16x so its hard on close shots but man was that 16x nice for that shot! the way the elk was laying down it would have been hard to see well with a low power scope!
to hunt with a fixed 16x you must practice bring the rife right up to the right spot a lot! I did a lot of dry firing and in the end I think I am faster at close shots then the average hunter with a low power scope but it took a lot more training. I hope to have a different scope for next season.

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

Hey Jeremy,

I used to work with a Richard VanSchoonhoven down here in Houston. Not really one of those "Smith" type names./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Any idea if your kin? If ya know him, tell him "Hey", from the old crew at TECO, and to give me a holler at the email in my profile.

Congrats for on the hunting and the contest and my vote has been cast.

I had to vote for that story and that elk. It shows that us regular guys, without $10000 worth of equipment that would make a Marine Corp sniper jealous, can do it. Wow!

That pumped me up for Antelope season next fall.

Thanks for the votes guys it really helps! I am glad you liked my story! I hope it really did inspire you.

What rifle and load are you going to use for Antelope?

Those savage rifles really do shoot well! here is the crazy thing I got the rifle used from my brother he shot it about 20 times! He sold it to me for $300 with bipod scope and scope rings. I could not pass that up. I have taken it elk hunting two times and its got me two elk so I think its a keeper! most of the hunters I saw out there made fun of my gun because its so big and heavy but I am young and the weight does not bother me too much well its a little much for off hand shooting but its worth it for those long shots.

You guys have helped me out a lot! last year was my first hunting season and I came to this website to learn about long range shooting and I really did learn a lot I dont think I would have been able to take that shot without this website.

Keep the votes comming! secound place wins a Zeiss scope! and I dont know what first place gets but I am sure its got to be awsome!

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

Well, I went and voted for you. The question now becomes what are you going to do for me? I would consider payment for services rendered to be some nice pictures posted of live or dead animals or fish or landscapes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok I will see what I can do as far as payment!
Thanks for the vote every one counts! I was shocked that I even made it to the finals I had forgot I even entered till I got an email from them yesterday.

again thanks for supporting a fellow long range hunter.

Jeremy VanSchoonhoven

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.