I need yalls help with a class Study

Then why yall giving me so much crap about all this.

Joseph,

First thing, If you include me in those who are angry with you, don't. I'm not mad at you. However, to answer the quote above, sometimes a question (this time it was 6 questions) require a strong and forceful answer.... and that of itself will sound angry and perhaps belligerent at times. And here is why.

You are lucky to be in Texas where the mindset is as it is. The same for those here from many other States where one's rights are still important. Here in NY, one doesn't openly talk about firearms or hunting anymore... unless you know who is in the room with you. Things have changed since I was a kid.

As you may know, our Guvvonor rammed some legislation through the State Senate and Assembly that has made just about everyone I know who owns a gun, a crook. The NY SAFE ACT. Tomorrow, a few of us gun owners will be in the State Capitol, Albany to lobby legislative leaders on a number of issues. Hopefully the news media will be there to show the rest of the country how we feel. Hopefully the media will get the story right.

You are lucky to live in Texas. For many years I was able to hunt and shoot on a couple of farms. The farmers wanted the woodchucks and coyotes taken care of and we were glad to help out. A couple of farmers would let us deer hunt if they had a good year and didn't lose calves to coyotes or broken legs when the dairy cows collapse into a chuck burrow. Today those farms are no longer available to us. One is a condo development now. Several others are still farms but because the farmers we knew have passed on, the new owners won't allow us there anylonger.

Just remember while on the subject of firearms and anything related to it, quite a number of us are having a lot taken away through no fault of our own.

As for your original questions, I haven't bought any more nor any less than I would have had the events of the last few months been any different. As for the political questions, the news from Albany NY tomorrow afternoon should help you draw a conclusion. That and what I said earlier is all I'll give you.

Had we reversed roles here, I would have expected to get strong reactions just as you have. And just fyi, there were two university professors who did exactly as I originally believed was happening here. One was from California and the other was right here in NY City. Both went on to have their material used extensively by the anti gun lobby. The lesson learned from that is be careful of what you say to whom.

Sincerely, Good luck with your paper

Pete

Joseph,

First thing, If you include me in those who are angry with you, don't. I'm not mad at you. However, to answer the quote above, sometimes a question (this time it was 6 questions) require a strong and forceful answer.... and that of itself will sound angry and perhaps belligerent at times. And here is why.

You are lucky to be in Texas where the mindset is as it is. The same for those here from many other States where one's rights are still important. Here in NY, one doesn't openly talk about firearms or hunting anymore... unless you know who is in the room with you. Things have changed since I was a kid.

As you may know, our Guvvonor rammed some legislation through the State Senate and Assembly that has made just about everyone I know who owns a gun, a crook. The NY SAFE ACT. Tomorrow, a few of us gun owners will be in the State Capitol, Albany to lobby legislative leaders on a number of issues. Hopefully the news media will be there to show the rest of the country how we feel. Hopefully the media will get the story right.

You are lucky to live in Texas. For many years I was able to hunt and shoot on a couple of farms. The farmers wanted the woodchucks and coyotes taken care of and we were glad to help out. A couple of farmers would let us deer hunt if they had a good year and didn't lose calves to coyotes or broken legs when the dairy cows collapse into a chuck burrow. Today those farms are no longer available to us. One is a condo development now. Several others are still farms but because the farmers we knew have passed on, the new owners won't allow us there anylonger.

Just remember while on the subject of firearms and anything related to it, quite a number of us are having a lot taken away through no fault of our own.

As for your original questions, I haven't bought any more nor any less than I would have had the events of the last few months been any different. As for the political questions, the news from Albany NY tomorrow afternoon should help you draw a conclusion. That and what I said earlier is all I'll give you.

Had we reversed roles here, I would have expected to get strong reactions just as you have. And just fyi, there were two university professors who did exactly as I originally believed was happening here. One was from California and the other was right here in NY City. Both went on to have their material used extensively by the anti gun lobby. The lesson learned from that is be careful of what you say to whom.

Sincerely, Good luck with your paper

Pete

thanx i had know clue things were that bad in other states sorry if i offended anyone on this subject. Well if for some reason yall are ever down in south Texas give me a shout and you can use one of my guns to shoot some hogs or shoot long range. we farm down there and hogs are a big problem.:)

Seemed like the thing to do at the time. Doesn't mean you ain't kin.

The response you got seems pretty natural to me. I previously asked you a series of questions. Individually, each question could be asked of you at one time or another by professionals or personal acquaintances and would seem quite natural. Asked collectively, they're intrusive, sinister and just none of anyone else's business. I know you keyed into that. Assuming your grade actually depended upon receiving some kind of realistic data from your questions, I'd give you a "D" for not anticipating peoples reactions and putting your project in jeopardy before it really even got started. Your choice of format and wording was blunt, without tack and could easily be construed as sinister in nature. Other than that it was fine. Oh well, we can't all be Shakespeare.

Since you will soon be choosing a career path, I think you should look into Police Negotiator. :D

I'd sure like to check out your 338 when it's done.

hahaha ill post picks of the 338 when its finished in about 2months and i am going home to be on the family farm im and AG business major and i hate anthropology that y i picked something i knew about, but i got plenty of info from the other thread and friends and i got a few pm s hear no names mentioned everything i am taking is all no name no nothing just the answers i pro got about 30 answered overall.

this is my .308 my338 will just be bigger and on a stiller and green not red

Attachments

• ResizedImage_1359747901444.jpg
    ResizedImage_1359747901444.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 13
Im going to give you a little advice. I am currently in my mba and will be done in june. The issue here is that nobody would want to say publicly what they own. If you made the poll anonomous then you would probably have a very good response. So how do you do this? You can use surveymonkey.com and you can make a free survey of under 10 questions. I would do this then repost and clearly define that the survey is anonomous. If you need help pm me. These guys arent being jerks they just have many concerns in the current political state. I know one of the posters and he is a great guy. Let me know if u need help.

Im going to give you a little advice. I am currently in my mba and will be done in june. The issue here is that nobody would want to say publicly what they own. If you made the poll anonomous then you would probably have a very good response. So how do you do this? You can use surveymonkey.com and you can make a free survey of under 10 questions. I would do this then repost and clearly define that the survey is anonomous. If you need help pm me. These guys arent being jerks they just have many concerns in the current political state. I know one of the posters and he is a great guy. Let me know if u need help.

most arnt being jerks the ones that said they would kick me off and i have been called dumb are jerks, thanx for your help but i got enough info already, this was just a small project.

thanx i had know clue things were that bad in other states sorry if i offended anyone on this subject. Well if for some reason yall are ever down in south Texas give me a shout and you can use one of my guns to shoot some hogs or shoot long range. we farm down there and hogs are a big problem.:)

I just might take you up on that someday.

Pete

most arnt being jerks the ones that said they would kick me off and i have been called dumb are jerks, thanx for your help but i got enough info already, this was just a small project.

If thats all the info you need then you might want to have a discussion with your professor about what the minimum sample size is for this data. Where are you going to school?

hahaha ill post picks of the 338 when its finished in about 2months and i am going home to be on the family farm im and AG business major and i hate anthropology that y i picked something i knew about, but i got plenty of info from the other thread and friends and i got a few pm s hear no names mentioned everything i am taking is all no name no nothing just the answers i pro got about 30 answered overall.

this is my .308 my338 will just be bigger and on a stiller and green not red

Awesome looking rifle and nice scope !
If you dont mind could you let your prof. know that bigbuck would gladly accept 8 more years under the Bush administration.:)

Awesome looking rifle and nice scope !
If you dont mind could you let your prof. know that bigbuck would gladly accept 8 more years under the Bush administration.:)

hahaha i love Bush they just auctioned off his 2010f150 King Ranch the other day for 130grand it was a fundraiser for the troops.

This picture might be kinda controversial but it is funny so i posted it anyway sorry to those i offend.

Attachments

• 65587_212436212230527_600009526_n.jpg
    65587_212436212230527_600009526_n.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 14
hahaha i love Bush they just auctioned off his 2010f150 King Ranch the other day for 130grand it was a fundraiser for the troops.

This picture might be kinda controversial but it is funny so i posted it anyway sorry to those i offend.

HA HA....... I always new in my heart that he was a FORD MAN!!!!!:Dgun)

I am in my anthropology class right know talking about my project with and this is the first time in my life I have ever herd a liberal say the government needs to mind it's own dumb business.

I am in my anthropology class right know talking about my project with and this is the first time in my life I have ever herd a liberal say the government needs to mind it's own dumb business.

Glad he or she is getting in touch! Like Ronald Reagan said, liberals are not stupid they just know a lot of wrong things.

To me a much better survey for an anthropology class would be why people feel the need for firearms rather than what kind they have and what they intend to use them for. All that data is already available in abundance.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.