i need two screws

splattermatic

i want to reuse some winchester supergrade sling swivel's .they are about 1 1/4" by 1/2" , and have a screw front and rear. what i need are 2 screws with bushings or inserts or whatever you call them for the forearm one. i guess using wood screws in a forearm may split it, so these metal bushings are first drilled then inserted in and possibly glued. the sling swivels are inletted some, and then screwed in, they are machine type screws.

anyways, i need the 2 flat tipped screws and bushings, anyone know a source ? they are most likely a standard size and any machine type front swivel screw will work as long as the are blued .

thanks all, for any help.

Last edited:
I would contact grov-Tec in Milwaukie, Oregon. The owner, Bob Grover, was the head of manufacturing for Michaels of Oregon. When Michaels was bought out, manufacturing went to China and Bob opened his own shop. His sling swivels are, if anything, superior to the original Michaels product. He probably has the stuff you need, or can make it.

GrovTec US, Inc.

Last edited:
okay, was on a mission today..
i have 2 remmington front sling swivel machine screw bushings. so inletting them for the front one is fixed so far.
but,
the 2 screws i have may not be long enough, so now i was in search of 2 10-32 panhead oval flat tipped screws..... everywhere i looked on line has phillips or ones in stainless.

i need but 2 screws in regular steel so they can be blued, 1 inch should be long enough.

any help out there ????

McMaster-Carr, remember the website I took you too when you were over my house the other week? And no, they don't have them in blue, only in SS or brass.

I work with Splat everyday so I know his frustration with the situation; we even discussed this with a long time Winchester collector today & he said that Winchester would almost sell you every part but those screws. He has a LOT of Winnies & he's had to scrounge the screws many times.

We'll find 'em sooner or later buddy........:D

Call Dakota Arms, Inc. and ask for either Travis or Ward.

They will probably have something either very similar or identical to what you are needing.

605 347 3220

Good luck

thanks for the tip, called travis today, and another blank.. he suggested maybe talley may have something i could use..

gotta find their number now.

all this just to use the correct screws for some winchester sling swivels.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.