I need help yet again.

midmo

I have a reloading bench back at my house that I am selling 2 hours away where I am now. I am at temporary place until my house sells. I do not have room for my bench where I am currently. My question is does anyone use a small bench now? I thought about just slapping a small one together but I didn't know how easily it would tip over while using the press. I thought I have seen picture of a stand with legs (metal tripod) somewhere on a forum but I can't find it now.

You should check out that metal framed bench Harbor Freight sells. It's sturdy, small and cheap.... I often think, if I didn't have anything to load from, that would be perfect. Good thing is, if you think it's going to tip over, with a little work it could be anchored to the floor...

I have a reloading bench back at my house that I am selling 2 hours away where I am now. I am at temporary place until my house sells. I do not have room for my bench where I am currently. My question is does anyone use a small bench now? I thought about just slapping a small one together but I didn't know how easily it would tip over while using the press. I thought I have seen picture of a stand with legs (metal tripod) somewhere on a forum but I can't find it now.

Is this what you're looking for? >>> Lee Reloading Stand : Cabela's

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 99
That's it! I didn't look at cabelas I totally forgot to look there. I'm surprised I didn't see it on midway or brownells

I have been there done that and have scars to prove it. A divorce and my job transferring me over 100 miles I have done several things to keep loading. I have a Car brake drum with 3 inch pipe and a flat steel plate on top that once was my grinder stand in my shop. Had my Dillon 550 mounted on it at one time. I also have holes and have mounted my RCBS Jr. and Rock Chucker and a Vice on it too.

I now have mounted a piece of stain finished 2X6 about 12 inches long piece of wood to the bottom of my old RCBS Junior and Rock Chucker presses. I place a piece of rubber cushioned shelf liner on the edge of my kitchen table and with 2 6" C clamps lock it down. I load on one end of the table and cook and eat on the other.
With my Rock Chucker I Full length size 300 WSM and 338 WM cases. Do bullet seating with the Jr. for better feel. " Divorce" I am a Bachelor.

This would work on any table or bar you have access to. Cheap and quick. Good Luck and Happy Loading.

Well I ended up picking my press a couple weeks ago and slapped it on a saw horse for the time being. So far it works ok I definitely don't want to keep it like this forever. But I did get some loads made up and hopefully I will get to test them Sunday. I would post of a pic but not sure how.

Well I ended up picking my press a couple weeks ago and slapped it on a saw horse for the time being. So far it works ok I definitely don't want to keep it like this forever. But I did get some loads made up and hopefully I will get to test them Sunday. I would post of a pic but not sure how.

I was going to say saw horse. We use a saw horse when we go to the range and just set up in the club house and put everything else on the tables.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.