I just killed 2 deer using Kenton Industries Tuned Trajectory Compensator turret cap

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Dave Kenton calls his cap a Tuned Trajectory Compensator. I have been intrigued with the concept for years. Most of my kills are done when hunting solo without a spotter/partner. It is often very hard to do everything myself as the animal changes range repeatedly. Glass, range, drop table, set turret, the animal moved so start all over, glass, range, drop table, set turret, the animal moved, ...............:confused: With Dave's unit this process is much faster.

I sent Dave my drop table about a week ago and he promptly sent me the custom cap. I installed my custom cap last night and went hunting this afternoon. Wisconsin T-Zone antlerless season through Sunday. Wow, I love that gadget. Using my 6.5 WSM XP-100 handgun, I shot one deer at 320 yards and another at 440 yards. I double lunged one and double shouldered the other. One dropped like a rock and one ran about 50 yards.

I went with the Target style of layout. I chose a 200 yard zero. I will click if my range is beyond one turn. Not likely for me with this gun and where I hunt with it. My longest range available there is about 600 yards.

NightforceNXS4.JPG

I got a 2nd cap for my 7 Dakota rifle. Troy Adams (Big Sky) and I will be using it out to 7 or 8 hundred yards in Montana next month on deer and coyotes.

Thanks, Dave!

Last edited:
Re: I just killed 2 deer using Kenton Industries Tuned Trajectory Compensator turret

Congrats on your handgun kills.
I used a Kenton turret (Burris 3-12 LER) on my old 7.82 Patriot XP-100 with success.

Re: I just killed 2 deer using Kenton Industries Tuned Trajectory Compensator turret

Len,
thanks for the info. I sure do like the idea and will have to get a couple of those.

Mike

im a little dissapointed with them....i fired off an email as soon as i read this post and havent heard a thing back....i wanted to know if they can use my drop chart and engrave a turret with that info on it instead of using a ballistics calculater.....AJ

I don't trust email much these days. Too much spam trapping going on.

Give Dave a call. If not available immediately he is good at responding in a reasonable time.

i wanted to know if they can use my drop chart and engrave a turret with that info on it

He used my data but he gave it a smell test by running it on his own ballistic calculator also...just in case the customer makes a stupid mistake in ordering with bad data, I presume.

thanks len....ill give him a call monday. ive been looking for a way to get my turrets engraved so i can use it similarly to the huskemaw scope...so far it has worked real good just to count the clicks, but sometimes under pressure my brain goes dead....AJ

U know Len, there was an article years ago in 1 of the Precision Shooting Publications about a guy that was making his own BDC turrets. He was using some sort of type set deal that he hammered into a blank turret that i guess u can get from Leup. I have the article if anyone's interested. It was a good article.

Steve,
I'd be interested in it.
Also you have a pm on sp.
I need your address to ship your stuff you left in WY.

Thanks,
Mike

Sounds like a lot of hassle to replace something that only costs $80 and is done the best way possible. :)

Do you know if they make any turrets to fit a Vortex scope? Can they build for any scope or just what they have listed on their website?

I also have a custom Kenton knob for my .300 Winmag. It works like a charm. As long as you know the range, the Kenton knob is the most accurate way I know of adjusting your point of aim. Practice then makes perfect.
Terry In Glendale Arizona

good day all. might anyone have the phone number for kenton industies? for some reason i cant get on there web site, it keeps saying the site is no longer avalible. i really would like to talk to someone about getting a turret made for a rifle of mine. thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.