i just have to ask why ?

rjmarine

im in montana and do alot of long range hunting on deer, elk , and antelope and never feel the need to use any of the super duper mags for any of my hunting ever.

so why is it that when i watch some hunting show of a guy in the mid west or down south hunting from a stand and shooting all of 75 yrds he is alway shooting some 300 super mag or 7mm super mag ?

what is the real need other then taking out a deer and your shoulder all in 1 shot?

do these guys not know that a 250 savage or 257 roberts is all they would ever need

If somebody paid you to use a brand new anything would you turn it down? Going on tv and talking about how the rifle you have used for the last 14 years in a caliber that has been around for over 100 years just isnt the kind of sexy press that sells new guns.

It's so when the animal is hit in the off side rear hoof it's dead right there and they don't have to waste time and tape. Can't handle most of those shows.

It's so when the animal is hit in the off side rear hoof it's dead right there and they don't have to waste time and tape. Can't handle most of those shows.
kcebcj, you've got it all wrong............ It's for when he/she makes a **** poor shot and the 200 grain bullet that's moving 4200 fps hits the ground below the deer scares the $h!+ out of it and it either has a heart attack or it does a double back flip and lands on it head, breaking it's neck, killing it instantly.:D gun)

Most of the people I know use the 7/08 or smaller for shots under 4 or 500 yards in the brush
country and the mags in west Texas where shots can range from 100 yards to 12 to 1400 yards
or more depending on there capabilities.

I used a 22/250 for many years in the woods and brush where shots were seldom more than 250 yards.

Don't believe everything you hear or read. But Dead is dead and as one of the members signatures
states "There is no such thing as over kill" .

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.