I got my Variable Gantry Mount today!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Clayne B, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Clayne B

Clayne B Well-Known Member

Looks very well built. I will uptate here when i get it all mounted up.

I was excited to get this and have had alot of people express interest in seeing how it turns out and works

So I did an Unboxing video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=squLkG5LnQ0&feature=plcp&context=C3cd5e78UDOEgsToPDskKTASgEXBuxmPr5n3B_a5DY]Variable Gantry Mount Unboxing - YouTube[/ame]

2. Clayne B

Got it all mounted up. Between the already low cheek weld and the high base i decided to build a adjustable cheek rest. hopefully i get some time tomorrow to shoot it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

Looks interesting, wonder how it would hold up to the recoil of a large braked rifle?

4. Clayne B

The builder of this says he has guys running it on 338's and 50bmg's with no problems at all

5. liltank

liltank Well-Known Member

What did that set ya back out to curiosity? How's the home made stock coming?

6. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

So would this mount be able to be zeroed on , let say 20 MOA and then for a long shot adjusted up to 40 moa. Then after the shot return it to the origional 20 moa and it will hold origional zero?? That is how I would use it and if it would do this it would be great. But I have doubts.

The height is a problem, might be better suited for an AR type rifle.

Jeff

7. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

I would think that a anti cant level would be a critical with the mount being that high!!!

8. Clayne B

It has 5 set points, you can set then any where from -5 to 110 moa.

Check out this guys video, he is using the 10 place mount, 10 being there are 10 set points.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx3Lai8k2y4&feature=plcp&context=C329e0dcUDOEgsToPDskIqHLCQ6MDCK2vsFpI-RkWc]Long Distant Shooting 900 yard hits with a 260 pistol - YouTube[/ame]

check out some of his other videos.

9. Clayne B

Got my new scope all mounted up and ready to go! Building a smaller target now for 500 yards, then im off to go shoot it!

[​IMG]

10. Clayne B

The big one is 14 inches the small one is 8.5 inches. when i get out to the range i will paint the targets white, i left the paint out there.

[​IMG]

11. Clayne B

Went shooting today, the new target is fun, Hit the small one a few times, the bigger one is not as hard to hit as i thought it would be. it was fun. I have the VGM set up to hold right on at 500 yards. works great!

[​IMG]

also shot some groups with cci sv. all are 5 shot groups using front bipod and rear bag. laying in the dirt lol.

50 yards

[​IMG]

100 yards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Clayne B

Update,

Got the DIP extended base. so the VGM would not move, the J&Ps did not workout. not there problem... mine....

here are some pic of the DIP Base. It seems very well built!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the VGM on top of the DIP. at 50 yard zero

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of the VGM on top of the DIP. at 500 yard zero

[​IMG]

and here are some other pictures of the VGM on the DIP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Clayne B

A video with the mount on my gun

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCUaS4wFf5U&list=UUJpcXEbKcTfLOG_NsUiyRxg&index=1&feature=plcp]Variable Gantry Mount On Rifle - YouTube[/ame]