I either need some H-870 or like powder

dgr416

I was looking for the website where the guy has the military powder that is just like H-870.I have a 264 win mag that loves H-870 but I cant find any more.

On the powder burn rate chart, H870 is right inbetween RETUMBO and H50BMG. Both are readily available. Most dealers keep RETUMBO in stock, which is the more popular of the two.

H870 has not been discontinued that long. I would imagine that there is some still floating around that could be located.

VH

For a substutute for H870 you might try WC872, it's supposed to be a slight bit slower but was told to use 870 data to work up loads. Pat's Reloading has it for $36 for 8#'s. And Bartlett Reloaders also sells it.
Wayne

Pat's Reloading
Bartlett Reloaders

[ 11-27-2004: Message edited by: Wayne McD ]

Before you can really say that you love h870 you need to go out and actually chronograph your loads.

Without using the Bigger cases,heaviest bullets for the cal., and 30+ inch barrels I can't think of a use for it.

R-22 imr 7828 h-1000 r-25 are superior choices.

Does any one have the phone # to get the military H-870 like powder thanks mike .I need some for my 338-378 also.

According to my chronograph the wc872 will not produce the velocity grain for grain with h-870. But it is still a very consistant powder in my 300 win mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.