I am wanting a NEW Bipod.......HELP PLEASE.......

mindcrime

Currently the only Bi-Pod that I own is the old "L" series Harris Bipod, 9-13" Benchrest model---

...yeah I know, the 9-13 isn't technically the benchrest model according to Harris (there is one just a tad shorter---however I am 6'3", so it IS for me, LOL.) but that is what mine measures from the bottom of the stock to the bottom of one leg extended=12 inches, and my original package says that it is a "L" series---I prefer that exact length.

ANYWAY, I am in need (more of a want to be honest) of another (spare, HA, there we go!) Bi-Pod. I KNOW I want a swivel model (duh) for leveling on uneven terrain, and I like Harris' LM or BRM with their leg notches. I don't quite understand what the Harris "M" models are except I assume that they are "manual lock"? If manual lock is like my old L series, I like mine!

Does anyone want to take a stab at this and help me out please??? Sad to say, but, I don't understand Harris' new descriptions.

Can't help you with info on Harris. Got 3 of them sitting on a shelf somewhere as I gave up on them. Just didn't work for me. There is no ground in Montana that is perfectly flat and I don't need the "best" on the rifle range if it doesn't work for me in the field.

About 3 years ago I bought a "Stoney Point rapid pivot bipod" in prone model after seeing one on some outdoor show. It swivels, attaches and detaches in less than a second, and most important for me was the rifle could be used in scabbard horseback with bipod in my pocket or pack. Worked so well that I bought one for sitting/kneeling.

The prone model is adequate for me out to 600 yds.. It may not be as solid as a Harris but it is much more usable in the field in my opinion. The sitting one is less than adequate. I tried and tried to get it to work but for me about 200 yds was the max. that I felt comfortable using it. Just not stable enough.

You get this adapter that you put on your rifle swivel and the bipod snaps on or off that adapter. I have since bought a number of adapters only for different rifles and one bipod works on all rifles.

Last time I used the Harris was on a prairie dog town. Didn't even like the weight on the rifle then and I can't even consider that hunting - that was just shooting.

Can't help you with info on Harris. Got 3 of them sitting on a shelf somewhere as I gave up on them. Just didn't work for me. There is no ground in Montana that is perfectly flat and I don't need the "best" on the rifle range if it doesn't work for me in the field.

About 3 years ago I bought a "Stoney Point rapid pivot bipod" in prone model after seeing one on some outdoor show. It swivels, attaches and detaches in less than a second, and most important for me was the rifle could be used in scabbard horseback with bipod in my pocket or pack. Worked so well that I bought one for sitting/kneeling.

The prone model is adequate for me out to 600 yds.. It may not be as solid as a Harris but it is much more usable in the field in my opinion. The sitting one is less than adequate. I tried and tried to get it to work but for me about 200 yds was the max. that I felt comfortable using it. Just not stable enough.

You get this adapter that you put on your rifle swivel and the bipod snaps on or off that adapter. I have since bought a number of adapters only for different rifles and one bipod works on all rifles.

Last time I used the Harris was on a prairie dog town. Didn't even like the weight on the rifle then and I can't even consider that hunting - that was just shooting.

THANKS for the INFO!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts