Huskemaw vs other top scopes ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by bozo699, Oct 26, 2010.

1. bozo699

bozo699 Active Member

Hey Guy's,
    I am sure this has been asked before but I don't want to go through countless threads to find it. I have a chance to buy a Huskemaw @ a good buy. I own many quality scopes but am wondering how these scopes really compare to Leupolds vari x IIIs and mk 4s. NF nsx or S&B PMIIs I have all mentioned and am happy with all of them. Earlier this year I had a thread going, What is the best scope on the market period! You guy's turned me on to the S&B PMII and I have no regrets,now I am asking you this,is the Huskemaw worh buying or should I buy another NF or MK4 or whatever? I appreciate your opinionslightbulb
    Wayne.

2. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

3. Team Roper

Team Roper Well-Known Member

If you do not want to buy it send me the info please. I have 2 and am looking to buy another. Everyone has their favorites Ford- Chevy- Dodge.

4. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

semperfi has 2 for sale at 1000 each. look in optics for sale threads.

5. bozo699

bozo699 Active Member

I read the reviews and have played with the scope till it is about worn out @ the store, I can't believe they havn't forced me to buy it. But I don't like the Idea of having to pack a suitcase full of custom turrets into the field with you, and that is what you would have to do from what I read. If it is 20 deg in the am you need one turret when it warms up to 70 in the pm you need another you start out @ 2000 ft so you need that turret and end up @ 6000 ft and need yet another one. you cant pick one temp and one altitude it just don;t work that way. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Wayne.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  6. Gene

Gene Well-Known Member

Is the Huskemaw warranty transferrable to another buyer? What is length of the warranty?

7. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

• You don't have to use a custom turret at all. Just use a turret with MOA on it. So no suitcase. :)
    • Or you just carry a cheat sheet with simple adjustments. Such as: For each 20 degrees or 1,000 feet, add one click at 700 and 2 clicks at 800, etc. I did this last month in WY to take a deer at 722 yards. My turret was actually for a completely different cartridge with different conditions. 243 AI vs 6.5-284 and 8,000 ft vs 4,000 ft.

Lifetime, transferable.

If these used ones are gone, buy new ones HERE AT LRH GEAR SHOP.

8. bozo699

bozo699 Active Member

Len,
    Thank you, I do have a perry system on a pda. I should have ask you straight first off as I know you have a lot of experience with this scope. I know how busy you must be and didn't want to bother you, Thanks for you time and thoughts on the subject. no more wishy washy I am going for it, and if I cant figure something out I will just ask you hope thats ok:D
    Wayne.