Huskemaw Scopes, how does it rate?

su37

For owners of Huskemaw's how do you like them?

What are they comparable to?
Are they that close to a Nightforce?

How do they stack up against a Leupold Mark 4 6.5x20?

Thanks Mr. Coyote,

I was at the NRA show in Phoenix yesterday and had the opportunity to look at one.

Pricing is at $1,075.00 and will be going to $1,150.00 so they say.

For another $50.00 I can buy a NSX.

Or I could just buy a Leupold and 6.5x20 LR or Mk4 and have them set up a custom dial for the top as well.

I'm betting the same company the Leupold uses is the same one that Huskemaw uses for this.

Or just take another second and dial an M1.

Don't know If I like the idea of having to change out a $100.00 dial every time I want to switch a bullet.

Last edited:
I looked at the Huskemaw at a show but the manufacturing questions were kind of short answered. I went with the NSX and have not looked back.

I have both a Huskemaw scope and Nightforce NXS 5.5x22-50mm. I don't have a Mark 4, so no comment. The Huskemaw has been a great scope . I got an accurate load developed for my 7STW and had a turret made with yardage on it. I am however thinking of putting back on the turret that came with it, and making a drop chart based on clicks. More flexibilty that way to make changes due to elevation, BP, ect.
But for 90 % of hunting, this setup is great If money was a concern, I would not hesitate to buy a Huskemaw over the Nightforce. However, having said that,the Nightforce is the best scope I have ever owned. Its repeatability has been flawless, and the glass is great, but it is alittle on the heavy side for a carry rifle. You might want to look at a Sightron S3 also. I have read good things about there glass and repeatabilty. The price is reasonable, and they
are not as heavy as the Nightforce.
But as to your original question, Huskemaw has been a great scope for me, and their customer service has been
outstanding !

Last edited:
Last week I was shooting into the sun at ranges from 200 to 600 yards. I had a Huskemaw on my rifle and my Nightforce (which I love) on a tripod next to my bench.

It was a very challenging lighting situation. I could tell no difference between the 2 scopes' optical performance.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.