Huskema vs Leupold VX7

dewiseman

Has anyone compared these two scopes side by side? How does the Huskemaw glass compare? I am looking at a VX7 and am very impressed but would like to know how the Huskewma glass rates.

I own a vx7 and have looked through and shot a huskema a little bit when I worked up a load for a friends gun. I will say I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the glass, but I was shooting in the morning and have no idea how it would work at dusk when it really counts. While the Huskemaw was much better than I expected based on things I had heard, the VX7 is better.

I have a Huskema, a number of Leupold's, and a couple of Swarovski's. I think the comparison is so minute that it comes down to what your attitude towards the various manufacturers are. I personally think the optics are very comparable and I would put more emphasis on what you are going to use the scope for and compare that to the different features of the scope. You would almost have to have some sofisticated optical equipment to see the difference in the optical differences in my opinion. I was very sceptical before buying my Huskema but after using it for what it was built for - their optical quailties, tracking, windage MOA, and distance estimation work very well. Are they the best? - Ain't going to go there - whatever we use seems to be the best when someone asks an opinion.

It is just an opinion but there is a little difference in the two as far as light gathering
ability. and the best way to see is have both side by side and on the same power (Max
one and match the other) at dusk and see which one whites out first.

Just looking through them it is hard to tell because the eye sees different coatings differently
and they can fool your eyes into thinking one is brighter.

But when they white out they have reached there light gathering ability.

I have seen scopes that looked great in broad daylight but when the sun went down they
just went away, And some times if your down at the bottom of a canyon it can get dark
pretty fast.

The high end scopes seem to have this mastered and are worth the money as far as I'm
concerned. So I would recomend the Leupold from that standpoint.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

When I recieved my Huskemaw, (unmounted)I used it at 45 minutes after sundown, 15 minutes after legal hunting light, to scope the neighbors horses. (800 yards) I turned it to 20 power and would have had no problem accuratly placing a bullet on them. Visually I could make out great detail, eyes ears ect.

About 15 minutes later when your naked eyes could not pick up a target at over 40 yards the Huskemaw on it's lowest setting would transfer enough lite to see things at my 100 yard backstop.

I did compare the VX3 to the VX7. Granted they were both in a store and it closes before dark, but both at daylight and again at the begining of dusk the VX7 hands down had much better optics to my eyes.

i'm going by what the folks at Leupold said when they released the new vx-3 line about a year ago. the new scopes would have the vx-7 glass in them. i liked the part about the dual erector springs.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts