Huskamaw scopes

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by freebird63, May 5, 2011.

1. freebird63

freebird63 Well-Known Member

Have there been any failures with these scopes??? I see they have a new model the Blue Diamond. I want to get a new 7MM and was thinking about trying one, my friend who is a huskamaw dealer quoted me a nice price, but are they worth it, wished I could afford a nightforce scope. But I figured I would ask now before I buy.
    Thanks for any info

2. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

freebird

Every scope made at every price level has SOME failures. From what I can tell Huskemaw has no more or less than what should be expected.

Here is what one Huskemaw customer said about "failures".

I have been using Huskemaw scopes on my personal rifles for 2 full seasons so far. I like them enough that I decided early on to sell them, too.

3. freebird63

Thank you Len for that reply. I can say so far in my life I have never gotten a bad scope. I like my sightron scope but the more I watch the best of the west shows and how easy it is to just dial in the yardage and shoot. I just might have to spend the extra money and see for myself.
    I know with my experiences with electronics it seems they are either dead from the get go or they last for many years.

4. BH Hunter

BH Hunter Well-Known Member

Why not buy a Kenton ind turret and try it on the scope you already have?

5. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

Freebird,
    checks out a thread I started about a year ago entitled "huskemaw??" It has tons of posts and reviews from people who have used them including myself. I think you should be able to find some usefully info on there.

6. freebird63

Thanks tikkamike I will do that. My present sightron scope is the S3 6-24X50 with mil-dot, don't get me wrong I love the scope, would kinda like to try the new 8-32X56 with mil-dot, its just shy of $1000. Being disabled and unemployed sure does not help buying new toys.

7. Team Roper

Team Roper Well-Known Member

I personally own 2 of them. I could not be more pleased with them; they perform exactly as they are advertized. I bought the first one 4 years ago.