Hunting Wolves with Eagles..... Awesome Videos !!!

robbobsam

Last edited:
DEATH FROM ABOVE all that can be said BUT, you would NEVER see hunting with eagles in the USA too much red tape between the Federal Goverment and the ANTI HUNTING and the ever present PETA.

I'm not so sure about that. Guys are doing it with other birds here in the USA (falcons for one) so maybe there are some! If there are any, I'm sure it would only be for varmints though!

They look like coyotes more than wolves for size but the face is definitely wolf.
That is freaking awesome. Im game, lets introduce deadly wolf eating eagles into yellowstone next.lol

i have seen them. i can't believe the coyote/wolf doesn't eat the bird. definetely not wolf fron idahoe or alaska.

You notice that the dogs that were hunted are alone? Seems that dogs that are out of the pack are far more vulnerable and less confident than those who are in one. This probably contributes to the success of the eagle to a large degree.

Eagle vs. wolf is cool, but seeing the eagles toss the goats/sheep off the sides of cliffs was really cool! and the one that actually flew while carrying a goat/sheet was awesome. Can somebody calculate the weight to thrust ratio!!

I've seen golden eagles beat the tar out of adult antelope and I've had over a dozen coyotes killed by eagles in traps, when you skin them they will have talon holes all the way into the vitals.
I looked into it at one time and it was ridiculous to get licensed, there is red tape out the wazoo and took quite an apprenticeship and working your way up to bigger birds. Very cool though, that one was a wolf for sure, it seems on the dogs they go for the neck which I could see being highly effective with all the large holes and cutting of the air!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.