Hunting superstitions and lucky charms

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aussie_hunter, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Aussie_hunter

Aussie_hunter Well-Known Member

How many people out there have there superstitions or lucky charms when you go hunting? I have a stupid one, on the drive up to the farms where I go hunting I always have Bruce Springsteens greatest hits album playing on the car stereo, ever since iv been playing the Bruce Springsteen CD my hunting has been unbelievable I know it sounds like bullshit and I don't believe that a CD can make a difference but it's always good for a laugh but I'm not going to stop playing that CD just in case haha. It's a stupid thread I know but im just wondering if I'm not the only one who does this.

2. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

My buddy and I will let our beards go until we kill, it works great since after a couple weeks our wives are very encouraging about getting out and hunting :D

3. learning

learning Well-Known Member

White Long sleeve shirt

4. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

Something I started doing as a kid was after three days of hard hunting and not jumping or seeing a shooter buck that third night when wiping the rifle down I change the rotation of the shells. In other words the last shell in the mag becomes the one chambered the next day and the forth becomes number two etc. I have taken a lot of moving bucks on the third shot which is the round that never changes its place. :) I have a life long hunting partner that does a thing with his socks but won't get into that! haha

5. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

I always pray for safety, good harvest, and good ole fun! gun)gun)gun)

6. bronco

bronco Well-Known Member

When I was a little kid, hunting waterfowl was my extreme passion. Long seasons and lots of trigger time kept me happy camper. I don't know what started it, but I always kept the two lead wing feathers off the first goose I shot in the early season every September. I keep them until the last day of the season every year.

Now they are always in my truck for all my hunting pursuits no matter the species. Makes me remember the animals I have already taken and gives me confidence for animals to come.

Hokey, maybe, but that's just what I have always done.

7. crowsnest2002

crowsnest2002 Well-Known Member

I have a pair of shooting sticks (homemade) that I put a notch in for every woodchuck I kill.

8. cornchuck

cornchuck Well-Known Member

I don't shave during deer gun week here in Ohio. After seven days of not shaving, I am ready to get rid of it.

Jason

9. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

Hear in Texas most hunters won't go hunting with a cap/hat that was not given to them.

When I go I have several that were given to me that work well. When I wear something
    I bought things don't go well or I dont see anything.

Buy your hunting buddy a hat/cap and tell him to buy you one and see if it changes your
    luck. (Does that not sound stupid or what).

We also believe that a rifle must have a name (Probably a Redneck thing) just like a ship
    and once named you can't change it without bad luck with that rifle.

J E CUSTOM

10. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

Afriend gave me a 1/2 dollar size rock w/elk etched in it.Shot my best archery bull that year.Now that little rock is in my pack every year, think Im on 13-14 packing it:)