Hunting Scope

65Jeffrey

Have a known/proven sub MOA 7mag. Looking for a 500yd hunting scope variable power with top end in 12-16 range, budget is plus/minus $400. Including good used, I am looking at , Bushnell 3200, Nikon Monarch, and Minox.
Any comparisons of the three, see Bushnell and Nikon mentioned but rarely Minox.

Checkout the Weaver Super Slams they have on sale at Natchez Shooters Supplies this month.I bought one and I liked it so well,I bought another to put on my 7STW.They also have a $50.00 rebate too.From what I have read,they are made by LOW in Japan,the same company that makes Bushnell Elites.Here's a review I found on this scope.
Weaver Super Slam Scope - YouTube!

Last edited:
I use a Minox 3-15x50 on my 6-06. For a hunting scope it is awesome. I do not twist turrets on this rig so I cannot really comment on the tracking. However, I have run about 100 rounds through her with no POI change. Glass is as good as my Ziess, Sightron SIII and Leupold VXIII. I have stayed away from Nikon for years simply due to their CS. I had a Monarch that was in for repairs for over 2 months and I also see tons of refurbished Nikons on the web, they do have good optics I'll give them that.

The open box deals camera land has going are smoking not to mentions Minox's no fault warranty. Don't be afraid to try something new, I am very impressed with mine.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.