Hunting rests

Tim Behle

For Christmas, My kind wife bought me a couple of shooting bag rests from The Sprotsmans Guide.

15310.JPG

I filled the larger one with about 25 pounds of rice and the smaller one maybe holds 5-6 pounds. I've taken the larger one out a couple of times now. Setting on the roof of the little S15 pick up, it is the perfect height for some long range plinking. It is long enough that I've not felt the need, so far, for a rear rest.

So far it's been a lot more convenient than bipods, and just as accurate.

Has anyone else tried one of these?

Tim

Tim-- I have the Bench Model of the Uncle Bud's Bulls Bag. It is similar to your large bag. They work great for sighting in little skinny stocked hunting rifles like a Model 7. I hadn't thought of using it on top of a vehicle...Hmm...

I've used it(Hughes products)for the last couple of prairie dog season,filled mine with rice too.Also have a couple of their other rest.
hughesrests.jpg

The Dog-Be-Gone & Protektor bags are better but the Hughes are a lot cheaper.The large bag works great off the hood of the truck.Just remember to turn it sideways to shoot a 15" barreled Ancore on it or you blow the end of the bag out...BTDT=CJ

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.