Hunting Minam Unit Oregon for the first time

Rembdl700

I am looking for some information and areas to focus on for this hunt. I don't know the Unit and drew it as a second choice getting a Bull Tag.
I have Hunted the Imnaha Unit for 20 plus years but never over into Minam.
If anyone can provide me with some information or Guides that work this area that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I have hunted it a little.. you can find small bulls 2 miles in from any entrance… if you want a quality bull, you're gonna have to get in there 6+ miles

Do you have any particular entrance that you would rate better?
Do you have any recommendations of Guides who would put me in on a spike camp? I normally hunt alone because I don't have to worry about anyone else and their skills, I am over there to hunt period. When its a spike season I don't mind to big camp mentality and relaxing a little more but this isn't that hunt.

Tough unit anymore. Wolves have pushed lots of elk out to private ground. It is usually hit or miss where elk are and weather dependent. We used to pack in and set up for camp but since hunt elsewhere now. Not sure on guides. Used to be quite a few but now out of the Lake and also out of Wallowa. Don't know there names, see them drive by. Steep nasty country for sure

I would drop in anywhere from moss springs, and along the cutoff road to mount harris. Cf96 is right as well. You'll hear a lotta wolves. And its pretty possible it snows 10 inches on you as well