Hunting for Brass!

cubdad67

Hey all, it has been some time for me to be on the site. I have a question for you. I am looking for rifle brass for .204, .270, .300 win mag. It does not have to be new. I am looking to reload as much as I can of each. I am also looking for other cal's also.

Thank you

If you are planning to reload them then sell them you better have a lot of INSURANCE and NO assets.

joseph

No I am not going to sell. I want to load and have at home and for family. Just wondering were to find brass at low cost. It can even be once fired brass.

If you are planning to reload them then sell them you better have a lot of INSURANCE and NO assets.

joseph

not trying to flame anyone but how many reloads have you had any sort of failure with I am not talking about work up loads but actual loads that have been decided upon and tried and tested then repeated. Everyone is always so scared of reloaded ammo. but we load it and shoot it all day everyday. The only problems I have ever had were from handgun brass that had been loaded so many times that cases failed. Or when working up hot loads and got stuck bolt handle. point being if some one has two boxes of reloaded hunting ammo, and 3 shells are gone and the data is on the box and the cases look good, Would they have made unsafe ammo for them selves? So why should anyone be afraid to shoot it. As long as it chambers in the rifle it would be fine to shoot who knows might shoot extremely well. Same odds as factory ammo as far as I am concerned. I have never read about a law suit against an individual who loaded ammo and sold it then resulted in serious injury or death.

To answer op's question check local pawn shops, some will buy brass and resell, craigslist garage sales estate sales etc and dont forgetalso hit the range and local shooting spots and pick it up. My friend has collected 1000's of emptys ( most once fired) from our local range some people just dont care about the empty ones.

Hey all, it has been some time for me to be on the site. I have a question for you. I am looking for rifle brass for .204, .270, .300 win mag. It does not have to be new. I am looking to reload as much as I can of each. I am also looking for other cal's also.

Thank you

I posted i was looking for some 204 ruger brass and i have found some and some dies, i found the dies first and a guy from a different forum had a package deal of bullets, once fired hornady brass, and dies for sale, he didnt want to split the package and i dont need 2 sets of dies but if your wanting 204 brass and you dont have any dies for it let me know and i will try to put u 2 in contact, it was a pretty good package deal for the 204.

not trying to flame anyone but how many reloads have you had any sort of failure with I am not talking about work up loads but actual loads that have been decided upon and tried and tested then repeated.

Just because it MAY NOT have happened...doesnt mean it CANT HAPPEN! I dont shoot any reloads but my own...and wont either.

Just because "Joe" will shoot them thru his gun...dont mean for a second they will ever be chambered in one of mine

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.