hunting bullet for 6PPC out to 600?

EXPRESS

I want to rebarrel my old 6PPC and definately won't be keeping the 1:12 twist on the new barrel, it won't even shoot 85grain bullets and 95's keyhole and tumble!

The Hornady A-max and Interbond bullets have given me good results in the past, I'd like to avoid a match bullet since my personal feeling is they are fine for some long range stuff, but there needs to be at least 168 grains worth to begin with...

What other bullets in the 85 - 95 grain range have given good results, and what would the ideal twice rate be? Is it likely that the 70gn bullets will still shoot well in this twist rate?

Thanks.

If you rebarrel to a 9 or 8 inch twist, you could shoot the 95 grain berger vld's and they are awesome on game. I used that bullet from a 6br improved to bring down an antelope at over 400 yards and I have tested them in phone books at 800 yards and the results were amazing.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.