hunting at noon

moosemeat

Just a few things a lot of hunters ignor as what time to be in the bush hunting,I found that 12 oclock pm is one of the most productive times to hunt,As most hunters have left the bush to rest up for a evening hunt,If you watch domestic animals you will observe thier feeding times,Well wild animals get hungry at noon also,So most hunters are avoiding one of my favorite times to hunt,Where the forest is quiet as all hunters have left,So the animals feel safe as all is quiet and start moving around in open areas feedinggun)I have harvested many animals at this time of day,So if you want to sleep in in the mornings don't feel that you have lost your opertunity to harvest a elk or deer,As you will find out that noon hunting pays off.

I used to hunt pretty much all day, from around 6:00 am with a break at 10 or 11 for some grub to right around sun down. I tend to hunt on foot and stalk my prey to within 200 yards. I find that during midday animals tend to move a bit slower as well. They prefer to make their crossing just inside a tree-line and rarely will venture out into a field unless it's to graze.

It's totally different where I live now though, it's much more mountainous. I'm finding here a long range rifle would be very useful because I often see animals several hundred yards out either at the base or while climbing another mountain/hill across a valley. They definitely prefer to stay near/in a tree line during the day though.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.